Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kuhio Dental Experiences?
I have my first appointment with Kuhio Dental Group (Hilo) tomorrow. Anyone else a patient there? I am thrilled to find a dentist, but want to get some feedback too.

* I'd rather fail at happiness than succeed at misery *
I had chosen them too, but bailed when I found out they like most other dentists here do not have nitrous for those of us who are wimps. Otherwise they look excellent. Will be interested to hear feedback from someone who has been there.
Went there for a year and then switched to Dr. Nakashima. Kuhio Dental Group was good for emergencies because they are open 7 days a week (they do good dental work)...but I found their teeth cleaning procedures and personel to be sub-standard. In order to keep your teeth and gums healthy (besides brushing and flossing)is to have a good dental hygenist. Dr. Nakashima has 3 top of the line hygenists with top of the line equipment.
OK... so who DOES have Nitrous... I am a total wimp when it comes to dentistry and that is the only way I can tolerate it... anyone in Hilo?

Aloha au i Hawai`i,
devany

Devany Vickery-Davidson
East Bay Potters
www.eastbaypotters.com
Devany,
I had to go to Kona side ... really a drag.
If anyone knows someone in Hilo, please do share.
I was really pleased with my appointment. Best of all, I have a peeved sinus cavity instead of an inflamed tooth root.

I go to Kuhio. First of all I am very happy with the quality of Dr.Mah's work. The flipside is that you have to be very patient. For example you may have a 2:00 appt but not get seen until 3:00. Dr.Mah is very slow (thorough but slow). I think they also overbook or maybe squeeze people in a lot that have urgent issues. He does do an excellent job of explaining things and helping you make informed decisions. Everybody there is very nice too. Other than the speed I'm very satisfied.
Who did you go to in Kona? Yes, another little glitch of living in paradise. Please if anyone knows someone in Hilo/Wiamea let us know. Maybe I will try calling 1800 Dentist, as they helped me find some one here that uses it. Heck, they even have "Dental Spas" here in the SF area where you can get foot massages while you are laying there. LOL. It is very expensive though.

quote:
Originally posted by KathyH

Devany,
I had to go to Kona side ... really a drag.
If anyone knows someone in Hilo, please do share.

Aloha au i Hawai`i,
devany

Devany Vickery-Davidson
East Bay Potters
www.eastbaypotters.com