Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sattlite maps?
Does anyone know of any sattlite maps of Puna that are up to date? I have used Google maps it has not changed in years. I am in Indonesia and I know that there are some new homes being built in my subdivision, Puna Beach Palisaides, but they do not appear on the map. I just tried the mircrosoft version, but it appears to be even older than the Google earth one.

Aloha,
Rob L
Aloha,
Rob L
If it's along the coast, then try this, though it's also not that recent and it's aerial.

http://hawaiianimages.net
Thanks, I actually bought his image of PBP, but it is not new.

Aloha,
Rob L
Aloha,
Rob L
I don't know why they don't update the pictures at least once a year.
Try MSN's Live Search Maps @ maps.live.com.
Pics are still a bit old, but still more recent than Google Earth, plus you can get in real close (see people) on more metropolitan areas like Hilo.
the MSN maps are older at least for hpp
They constantly update the pictures, just think of the task to photgraph the WORLD, of course they cannot all be in real time. IN the bay area, we used to see trucks driving around with cameras all of the time, to photograph the street level shots. Even sattelite access takes time to update... and now they have THE OCEANS! Amazing technology. My grandmother would absolutely flip out if she were still alive.

devany

quote:
Originally posted by PaulW

I don't know why they don't update the pictures at least once a year.

maps.yahoo.com
Still bewilders me that google replaced our 2005 picture with a 2004 picture Sad

David

Ninole Resident
Ninole Resident