Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marijuana Laws Are Discriminatory

Many people like to unwind after work, and they often do so at home with a cocktail. But alcohol is poison to diabetics and because of this, all but those who who flirt with sickness and death in order to legally acchieve a little bit of peace and relaxation are being denied a practice that many consider to be socially acceptable, and perhaps even medically beneficial. It can also be argued that having a cocktail after work is ceremonial, and to suggest a prescription pill instead of a drink is inane. Adding this disease to the list of those who qualify for medical marijuana is not the answer because discrimination is a federal matter and since the federal government is the perpetrator of this law against a plant, it is the federal government that must address the issue.
And during prohibition of alcohol the underworld made sure no one went with out, the same goes for weed.

When weed is outlawed, only outlaws will have weed.

If they decriminalized grass and focused on the destructive things like meth and crack etc. we would be better off.

I also think a lot of violence that is fuel by alcohol would decrease.

I don't smoke pot, but I love me some scotch.
I enjoy a shot of good scotch myself, from time to time. Glenfiddich Stillmasters Crock stands out in what's left of my memory.

Yes, here in Puna, as everywhere, our society is harmed by the war on pot people. We could cut the meth epidemic here by backing off of those laws.

"All that is required for evil to triumph is for the good to do nothing."

Here's a couple of links that provide context and information you will not read or see in the "oil soaked monopoly press".

<madcowprod.com>

<mapinc.org>

<marijuananews.com

<http://www.narconews.com/narcodollars1.html>

Check these out and you will get an adult perspective on this "criminal governance" issue.

One of many, (but a big one), as we all know.
Lee Eisenstein
http://members.cruzio.com/~lionel/event

"Be kinder than necessary, as everyone you meet is engaged in some kind of strudel."
A bit of context from <mapinc.org>.

800,000 arrests last year alone.

We can make a difference here in Puna, by contacting our Council Members and advocating for an end to this.

Pubdate: Thu, 08 Jan 2009
Source: Maui Weekly (HI)
Copyright: 2009, Maui Weekly

REEFER MADNESS

Maui's self-righteous war on drugs is a travesty.

The recent prosecution of innocent medical marijuana users is a sad state of affairs. Many innocent families have been permanently harmed by the terrorism that is disguised by the "War on Drugs."

My brother was arrested for buying his girlfriend a small bag of pot several years ago, after she repeatedly and consistently requested that he get her some "smoke." It turned out that she was a narc and she used the same ploy to bust hundreds of innocent 16-year-olds, a practice that was later banned by the courts in the state where he was living.

My brother was sent to prison where he was raped, beaten and learned how to do hard drugs. He met meth dealers in jail, and became hooked on this terrible drug during his incarceration. He was later released under the probationary condition that he become a narc, which is a form of blackmail. My brother was murdered on Christmas Eve a few years ago during a sting while working for the police. They acted quickly to cover up any evidence that would implicate them in this senseless act.

During my brother's years of incarceration and police cooperation, I learned that the narcs are no better than the drug dealers. Many are users themselves. There may be a few misguided, well-meaning souls in the vice squads that terrorize American families, but the vast majority are power-hungry, greedy thugs who take great delight in playing a game of cat-and-mouse for their own personal gain.

Narcs often sell the drugs they bust, and confiscate the personal property of those they arrest. There is also a great deal of money to be made in the running of jails, which are profitable businesses that constantly need a fresh influx of prisoners. They promote the drug war with vast quantities of illegal money through political action committees.

Do not be fooled by this or any other marijuana bust. The U.S. incarcerates more prisoners than all other countries combined, mostly due to our "War on Drugs."

My story is not so uncommon, but most families are afraid to speak up about how the war on drugs has harmed them. These self-righteous drug warriors are the American equivalent of the Taliban.
Lee Eisenstein
http://members.cruzio.com/~lionel/event

"Be kinder than necessary, as everyone you meet is engaged in some kind of strudel."
The state cannot legalize Marijuana, its a federal law, contact your US Congressman and Senator....

I do not know what things in Hawaii were like in the 70's, but in Texas kids from elementary to high school were buying Marijuana and PCP like candy.... by the 80's that had all but stopped. So I have to think that the War on Drugs has done some good.

We do not know who bad thing would have been had the laws not been passes and the DEA not done its job. I do know this, every person I new in High School that uses Marijuana is dead, or has never amounted to anything. Most moved on up to the "better" drugs.

That said, I think Marijuana and all other drugs would be legalized. but sold only by a licensed pharmacists, taxed to pay for rehab, and if anyone is cough selling to a minor or is not a licensed pharmacists they get the mandatory death penalty and all their assets goto the rehab fund.

If you want to grow your own... no problem, but you also have to pay the tax. I don't want to have to pay for your rehab.

-----------------------------------------------------------
I do not believe that America is better than everybody else...
America "IS" everybody else.
The Wilder Side Of Hawaii
Wow! Lee,
You story kills me.
I abhore meth. It steals the soul of all that is good.

There is so much money on both sides of the law in the "war on Drugs"
They really don't want to stop it. it is job security and profitable even if they are not on the take.

That is why they wont stop drugs nor legalize them.

quote:
Originally posted by LeeE

I enjoy a shot of good scotch myself, from time to time. Glenfiddich Stillmasters Crock stands out in what's left of my memory.

Yes, here in Puna, as everywhere, our society is harmed by the war on pot people. We could cut the meth epidemic here by backing off of those laws.

"All that is required for evil to triumph is for the good to do nothing."

Here's a couple of links that provide context and information you will not read or see in the "oil soaked monopoly press".

<madcowprod.com>

<mapinc.org>

<marijuananews.com

<http://www.narconews.com/narcodollars1.html>

Check these out and you will get an adult perspective on this "criminal governance" issue.

One of many, (but a big one), as we all know.

[font=Times New Roman][/font=Times New Roman]Hey Lee. Single Malt Scotch is good. Try The Glendronach, if you can find it. It's aged in old Sherry casks and is a bit pricey. If you ever get your hands on any, I'd like a sip because it's been a while. Well, perhaps more than just a sip, but no one likes a sloppy drunk either.

The illegal drug issue is complex. We know it creates jobs and provides excuses for the expansion of law enforcement, but it's much more than that. For instance, if all drugs were legalized tomorrow, there's a good chance that we would have an explosion of felony crime that would be greater than the world has ever known, and it wouldn't be due to millions of consumers going berserk and getting hooked on drugs rather than booze or gambling. No, the nasty crime would come from armies of rank and file drug dealers who are also part of present society. They would be without jobs and I have serious questions as to how many of them would just shrug their shoulders, walk away, and go out looking for regular work without being provided with constructive oversight, motivation, and support. Then, of course, we have our trusted public officials who won't be able to put their kids through law school without getting their steady piece of the action, and that abstract concept merely scratches the surface of the issue and how the war on drugs is corrupting everything we know.

These are a few of the dilemmas which face anyone who is seriously interested in putting a halt to the wasteful madness. I like living in this country and we have lots of enemies who hate our guts and are activelly engaged in trying to destroy our way of life. Some of them even supply the drugs we're at war against, and they justifiably sneer at how idiotic we are. The economy is nuts as well, yet it's government business as usual on an issue that can generate billions in revenue which can be used to fight wars on poverty, ignorance, disease, and those who pray on their knees for our destruction. Instead, we pigheadedly continue with a course of action that helps drain the world economy, destroys lives with jails and shootouts, and casts a pall over all of civilization.
quote:
Originally posted by Jon

The state cannot legalize Marijuana, its a federal law, contact your US Congressman and Senator....

the war on drugs is slowly coming to an end. Evident with 13 states who recognize the need for Medical cannabis. This issue is not a joke. If you think it's just a way for stoners to hide behind a legal law of some sort you are terribly wrong!

quote:
I do not know what things in Hawaii were like in the 70's, but in Texas kids from elementary to high school were buying Marijuana and PCP like candy.... by the 80's that had all but stopped. So I have to think that the War on Drugs has done some good.

it was all the BS the Government shoved down the throats of parents in America. Some took the bait ,hook line, and sinker...like yourself! But there is nothing wrong with cannabis whatsoever! Our Government like the current administration relies on scare tactics during the 60's ,70, and 80's. to scare people away from the harmless cannabis.
Of course this was also a perfect time for pharmaceutical companies to jump on the bandwagon too. For they had the most to loose back then, and now. Why do you think Pharmaceutical companies do so much research on Cannabis. They try turing over every leaf looking for scary evidence against cannabis. With Cannabis becomes a legal medicine like it should, plenty of pharmaceutical companies will go belly up. People will opt for cannabis to relieve pain instead of an addicting oxycotin at 10 times the price.

quote:
[ We do not know who bad thing would have been had the laws not been passes and the DEA not done its job. I do know this, every person I new in High School that uses Marijuana is dead, or has never amounted to anything. Most moved on up to the "better" drugs.

you're joking right? During the 60's,70's Texas had probably the strictest state laws against cannabis than any other state. My friend's kid brother got 15 years for a single gram of cannabis in 1968!!!

As for every person you knew in h.S. who used cannabis is either dead or in prison...you're from Texas ,right? I got no more to say on that!

Cannabiss is not a Gateway drug, get over it!!!!

quote:
[ That said, I think Marijuana and all other drugs would be legalized. but sold only by a licensed pharmacists, taxed to pay for rehab, and if anyone is cough selling to a minor or is not a licensed pharmacists they get the mandatory death penalty and all their assets goto the rehab fund.

how about a life sentence of "Hard labor", working on the Crawford Ranch of the world's most famous 'Dirt Farmer'?[:o)]

quote:
[ If you want to grow your own... no problem, but you also have to pay the tax. I don't want to have to pay for your rehab.

Rehab for cannabis,gateway drug, etc,etc, what armadillo did you crawl out from under?

[/quote]

-----------

Let's get together and over grow the government!!!!
-----------

Support the 'Jack Herer Initiative'NOW!!
What happened to "Keep it Puna"? What do national pot laws have to do with Puna?

Bwaaahahahahahahaha!

Just kidding.

Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.
Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.