Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What business is needed on the Hilo side
If you were opening a business what would it be??

Ian Conner
904 415-3508
Ian Conner
904 415-3508
One of those "put in quarters and do it yourself" carwashes. One big enough for the fishing boats to use to rinse off salt and fish bits as well as for cars. If there were one near Pahoa, I'd be there every week.

John Dirgo, RA, ABR, e-PRO
Island Trust Properties, LLC
808-987-9243 cell
John Dirgo, R, PB, EcoBroker, ABR, e-PRO
Aloha Coast Realty, LLC
808-987-9243 cell
http://www.alohacoastrealty.com
http://www.bigislandvacationrentals.com
http://www.maui-vacation-rentals.com
UPS Store/Mail Boxes Etc. . . . It's my dead horse & I'll beat it if I wanna Wink

aloha,
Gene

"I've been on food stamps and welfare, did anybody help me out? No." - Craig T. Nelson
Any alternative to the Pahoa P.O. would do well, I think. In May I wrote a letter to the regional HQ asking if there were any plans to move the PO, enlarge it, or put up more mailbox banks along the county roads. The answer was no, no, and no.

There is a new postal place that just opened in the old Pahoa Hardware building in town. For those new people its just across the street from 7-11.

Big Island Formula for Success:
1. Offer a service that people need.
2. Actually do a good job at the service you offer.
3. Answer your phone.
4. Show up. On time is actually secondary to showing up.

This alone will help you surpass your competition quickly, as well as, spread word of mouth advertising, which is essential.
The big trick is...make sure you actually want to do the service you are offering because you may have more work than you can handle if you follow the above formula.
Then again I am just the consumer...what do I know? Wink

Thought I saw a postal place coming soon in Keeau next to the Bay Clinic when I was there recently.
An actual do it yourself carwash would be nice. Problem would seem to be cost of land and carwash trash scavengers (Like myself when I was a kid)and dumpers.
Oh what a grand day it was to ride in to a carwash stall and have it still spraying so we could clean our bicycles and rummage through the trash cans. Wink
Who needs to be 18 or 21 if all you have to do is dig around a bit for contraband?

“They are so perpetually alarmed with the apprehensions of these and the like impending dangers, that they can neither sleep quietly in their beds, nor have any relish for the common pleasures or amusements of life.” Gulliver’s Travels
Oh please won't you open a Chuck E Cheese? Really! Or anything similar? There is NOTHING for small kids to do escept hang out on the beach or go to a playground on the entire island! I would even drive to Kona for a Chuck E Cheese!!

Yes Chuckie Cheese would be great!!!!!

My Chuck E Cheese experience:
When I visited my relatives in San Diego a few years back we went to Chuck E Cheese.
4 kids, some cheap plastic prizes, and a couple pizzas later we easily dropped $400 bucks at this place. $300 of it on game tokens which seem to disolve once they come out of the token machine.
I don't know what the bottom line is on running a business like this but they gotta be making money don't they?
I will avoid the place personally for fear of spending $100 in 30 minutes but it seems like a good money making enterprise.

Worthless Movie Quote:
"I'll be takin' these Huggies, and, uh, whatever cash you got." - Raising Arizona
If I were opening a business, it would be in the area between Volcano and Mt. View. There isn't a single quality eatery along the road there. A laundrymat, a roadhouse and a pizza parlor all come to mind. Not Chuck-E-Cheese though. I would go with a by the slice or pick up place on the pizza. Keep it really simple. If anyone is interested in opening the roadhouse, I have friends who would love to come over from the mainland and be the talent! LOL....

Just another day in P A R A D I S E !!
I want to be the kind of woman that, when my feet
hit the floor each morning, the devil says

"Oh Crap, She's up!"