Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bayfront Breaking ?
The current massive waves headed for the North shore of Oahu are within the narrow wave window of Hilo's Bayfront. If you've never seen Bayfront break, your in for a treat.

Before the breakwater, Hilo must have been one of the primo surf spots in all the islands.

Check it out this afternoon if your in town.
Greg... we are overlooking the bay and Honolii, so we are looking forward to the big waves. If they happen, we will post pictures on my blog.

Aloha au i Hawai`i,
devany

Devany Vickery-Davidson
East Bay Potters
www.eastbaypotters.com
www.myhawaiianhome.blogspot.com
www.travelingfork.blogspot.com
I was almost going to ask you Dev; If you see lines on the ocean that look like corderoy, it's cooking !
I saw those waves on the bayfront last year, it was really something.
But they were talking about a surge then, would it be the same thing?

If you ever look out and you don't see the ocean... Run for your life cause you will soonami!
Greg,

I don't see any "lines that look like corderoy", but the waves are definately breaking at an angle differently at our house. It is actually pretty calm right now. I can see the entire breakfront from our house and nothing is breaking on it.

Thanks for the heads up on the wave action. I understand what you meant about them breaking differently.

quote:
Originally posted by Greg

I was almost going to ask you Dev; If you see lines on the ocean that look like corderoy, it's cooking !

Aloha au i Hawai`i,
devany

Devany Vickery-Davidson
East Bay Potters
www.eastbaypotters.com
Also a rare sight, there is a guy on a jet ski that just went by our house and now he seems to be he turned left at the top of the breakwater and must have parked it there. He was hauling butt... really going fast and only bouncing a little.

Aloha au i Hawai`i,
devany

Devany Vickery-Davidson
East Bay Potters
www.eastbaypotters.com
The storm generating the swell is moving eastward towards Alaska. I think it may start showing up on this side tommorow. Keep us posted, please.

I caught Bayfront a couple months back and itched like crazy for several days after what would have been an epic session. My realtor had warned me about the sand fleas, so I carefully watched for them as I walked to the water. I didn't see a single flea, but did feel some itching out in the water. The next day my coworker told me about the microbes from the rivermouth and I was not a happy camper for a bit.

Cheers,

Sean
See you in the surf
Hey Greg, I am still waiting for those waves! I had a local boy here all day planting and he is planning on being on the water at 6 am tomorrow. A tug just pulled some kind of military ship out of the bay and there are two smallish fishing boats in front of our house about 200 yards off shore. Maybe they are waiting for the cruise ship to leave.

Aloha au i Hawai`i,
devany

Devany Vickery-Davidson
East Bay Potters
www.eastbaypotters.com