Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need a Good Mover back to Mainland
My daughter is helping her friend move about 700 lbs from the Big Island to Arizona and needs a recommendation for a good mover. It consists of just some small boxes and some artwork. I've heard bad things about West Point Relocation, but no alternatives were mentioned. Any suggestions?
We used West Point for our move here. They were great and about 40% cheaper than the mainland moving companies that do not specialize in Hawaii moves. Now having said they were great, they were great on the packing and loading... we are still awaiting our container. I had a lot of art and some antique furniture and they did a superb job of crating and protecting those pieces. I read two bad reports about them, one from someone in Arizona where the crew arrived not knowing they were packing and the other where they scratched someone's floor. We had hardwood floors and they were fine. The crew (all theirs) arrived on time after a previous visit from the foreman a few days before. My real estate agent had a client who had just used them on a California to Hilo move and then Westpoint sent me a list of 20 references. I contacted 10 of them and they all had glowing reviews. So, I figured for the price difference how bad can it be? We got extra insurance for our high value items too. It will be a couple more weeks till we get our stuff delivered, so I cannot speak about how they do on that end yet.

Most any moving company on the island can help you with your move, they would just contract an Arizona company to handle the receiving end.

Aloha au i Hawai`i,
devany

Devany Vickery-Davidson
East Bay Potters
www.eastbaypotters.com
www.myhawaiianhome.blogspot.com
www.travelingfork.blogspot.com