Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Puna Essay House: Scam or No Scam
I've really avoided trying to pimp my blog on PW in the last few weeks. Even dropping my signature.

I need to pull your attention to my blog for what I BELIEVE is a scam.

I'll just link my post today and if you want to read through the rest of the links your welcome to.

Buyer beware folks.

http://damontucker.wordpress.com/2009/01...-promoter/
"I've really avoided trying to pimp my blog on PW in the last few weeks. Even dropping my signature." - Mahalo Damon!

"Each thing I do I rush through so I can do something else" - Cemetery Nights/Stephen Dobyns
Damon,

Be a good journalist and always summarize, at least, what you are talking about rather than requiring all readers to click through and stumble across whatever it is you wish to draw our attention to. Who, what, where, why and when. Example:

<<A Kohala dentist claims that he can turn your mercury fillings into untold riches because China is in such desparate need of mercury to inject into food (the Chinese believe it enhances the flavor, like salt) that they are paying a premium for it. More on my blog......>>

Same things with news reports. You owe me lunch now.
Damon, thank you for dropping the blog link from your signature. It is so annoying when a post includes an advertisement, really makes me discount the value of the post.

I agree with Glen. I am interested in what you're talking about, but as you are posting this on Punaweb, have the courtesy to post what you put on your blog HERE for discussion here, such that people can comment without having to click.

Otherwise it still looks like a bid for blog attention and is annoying.
I agree with you guys on his giving a synopsis of what the link is about rather than just the link. However, his having a link to his blog in his sig is just fine with me.

Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.
Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.
Damon:

I read the whole page on your blog that you linked to and still have no idea what it's all about.

Whas up wid dat?

Andrew

Chinese curse "May you live in interesting times".
Say I want to sell my house for $200K but there are no buyers.
So I say I'll give it to the person who writes the best story.
But there's a catch. $200 entry fee, and competition doesn't happen if
I don't get at least 1000 entrants.

It's a lottery, but with a skill element attached so that it's not officially a lottery and so not regulated by all sorts of inconvenient laws.

That's how I understand it (didn't read all the details).
Thanks Paul. Nice synopses.

Chinese curse "May you live in interesting times".
[quote]Originally posted by PaulW
But there's a catch. $200 entry fee, and competition doesn't happen if
I don't get at least 1000 entrants.

--------------------------------------------------------
It will be 999.And someone will walk away with 199K or so and keep the house.

The rest will improve their writing skills[Big Grin][Big Grin][Big Grin]

Great advise, Glen. I will also try to follow it whenever I post a link. Maybe others will?

Mahalo Damon, appreciate the newer, clean look. Smile

Think you got it PaulW. Have read about it done in past, but no knowledge of results.

David

Ninole Resident
Ninole Resident