chatting the night away,
John's grandfather prepared breakfast of
bacon, eggs and toast.
However, John noticed a film like substance
on his plate, and questioned
his grandfather asking,
"Are these plates clean?"

His grandfather replied,
"They're as clean as cold water can get them.
Just you go ahead and finish your meal, Sonny!"

For lunch the old man made hamburgers.
Again, John was concerned about the plates
as his appeared to have tiny specks around the edge
that looked like dried egg and asked,
"Are you sure these plates are c lean?"

Without looking up the old man said,
"I told you before, Sonny, those dishes are
as clean as cold water can get them.
Now don't you fret,
I don't want to hear another word about it!"

Later that afternoon, John was on his way to a nearby town and as he was leaving, his grandfather's dog
started to growl, and wouldn't let him pass.
John yelled and said,
"Grandfather, your dog won't let me get to my car"

Without diverting his attention from the football game
he was watching on TV, the old man shouted...
"COLDWATER, GO LAY DOWN!!!!"

Royall

What goes around comes around!

Hey my dog gets them cleaner than that..

Chinese curse "May you live in interesting times".
Sooooooooo, now you need 2 - Spic and Span. Smile

Spic and Span works great with Cold Water

David

Ninole Resident
Ninole Resident
Royal - ROTFLOL!

Andrew - train the dogs to eat centipedes! P.S. I REALLY hope you are feeling better and I hope I NEVER run into one or vis versa.

David M - maybe on my floor!

"Each thing I do I rush through so I can do something else" - Cemetery Nights/Stephen Dobyns
Menehune:

Thanks for your kind regards. Yes I am feeling much better. The swelling and redness is much diminished but now the spots are itching like the blazes. Mom dear departed mother used to say that itching was a sure sign of healing. That's good enough for me!

All the best to you,
Andrew

Chinese curse "May you live in interesting times".
Andrew, when I have itchy spots I rub a mashed up hibiscus bloom. Mash it in your hand, then rub it on the itch. Red hibiscus seems to work best. I always use this for mosquito bites that are driving me bonkers.

* I'd rather fail at happiness than succeed at misery *
* I'd rather fail at happiness than succeed at misery *
I have a dog that licks plates clean AND kills centipedes. (She does not eat them, however.) Her name is Kuma, and she is available on a limited basis for out calls for a nominal fee.

Cheers,
Jerry
Andrew, for the itch, try putting some amonia on a cotton ball and touch it to the itchy places. It may sting if you have been scratching, but it will take away the itch. I once swam through a school (not sure if that is the right word for jelly fish) of jelly fish or Man of War (never saw them, just felt the stings)in Balboa Bay, when we got out we were covered with stings. They took us to a pharmacy, laid us on a stainless steel table and poured amonia over us. Oh... interestingly the "they" were John Wayne and the captain of his boat on Lido Island. I was 13 at the time and was completely humiliated to have such a thing happen. My girlfriend was so star struck that she never even felt the pain or the resulting itch. The Duke was our hero for the rest of his life.

Aloha au i Hawai`i,
devany

Devany Vickery-Davidson
East Bay Potters
www.eastbaypotters.com
www.myhawaiianhome.blogspot.com
www.travelingfork.blogspot.com
[quote]Originally posted by JerryCarr

I have a dog that licks plates clean AND kills centipedes. (She does not eat them, however.) Her name is Kuma, and she is available on a limited basis for out calls for a nominal fee.

Kuma, eh? Does it look like a bear? (Kuma is"Bear" in Japanese :-)
Tim

A superior man is modest in his speech, but exceeds in his actions--Confucius
ROYALL,

neat stuff, I have a dog named Toast that will not only get your plates clean but will lick the pattern clean off the plate. He also likes to “play” with centipedes and displays his dead trophies over our lanai. Where he finds them I don’t know because I never see any around. I thinking about turning him out on a hourly basic.

Devany,

funny that you mentioned the Duke, I also knew him when I was a young man living on Balboa at Newport Beach Ca. We became friends after meeting off Catalina island fishing. He was on his boat “Wild Goose” fishing for yellowtail without much luck and I was on my boat “The Lack”and the fish box was full. He wanted to know what bait we were using so I pulled along side and gave him a bunch. He started to catch plenty and we met up later where he was anchored and we had a big BBQ aboard his boat and became fishing buddy. He also loved the name of my boat “The Lack” because as he said to me one day everybody refers to me as “The Duke” and almost named his boat “The Duke” but decided on Wildgoose instead.

The Lack