Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Converter box working for you?
I'm interested to hear how the digital converter boxes are working around Puna. Just hooked mine up here in Fern Forest and don't seem to receive anything other than KHBC (Howard Dashevsky's channel) at a virtually unviewable, intermittent quality. I used to get two analog channels perfectly most of the time and four others rather snowy. Seems the free TV days are pau out here. Anyone else have any luck in FF and other mauka Puna/Volcano areas? I'd hate to spend a lot of effort/money erecting a taller tower only to find it was wasted.
We have the RCA converter from Walmart on our Samsung LCD monitor
We are in 'downtown' Keaau & the first day we got 6 channels on the converter... KITV, WEATHER,NBC4LA, KGMD,KHON FOX & KHON CW
Since then, most days all we get are the 2 KHON channels, but right now we also have the KGMD channel too....
The reception on all channels has 'skips' but the picture is so much better.... and we never got more than 3 channels ever... & we still do get the Hilo channel 5 that is not digital

It was fun to have so many choices the first day... but we are not used to watching that much TV, so to have one or two channels that have a news program is all good!
nothing here in mt. view, nada. i called the TOLL number the first 2 days you listen to a lenghty message then it said mail box is full. the third day a real person answered put me on hold for 15 minutes, told me the channels i "should" get. when i said "should" doesnt work, she offered me discounts from the cable and satilite people that were essentially worthless. we have never been big tv watchers so it seemed the right time to just give it up all together. of course when the cable internet went out tuesday due to the presidential overload i felt alone out there in the world...it seems with these hard times they would want folks to have a little free entertainment but that seems not to be the case
I have 2 coupons and they are valid for quite a number of brands.
Do you know which are good ones?
Some names I never heard.
We went with the one at Walmart (which happened to be RCA) because the price was the best, and they were in stock before the coupon expired... and we really didn't even expect to get any reception.
The RCA was fairly easy to set up & has very simple buttons...
I have heard that the signal did not cut over as planned on the Big Island. I don't know what the problem was.
Isn't it too early to try the box?
Shouldn't it be in February?
May be that's why seekir is having bad signal?
Hawaii had it's own FCC approved conversion date of January 15th.
nothing here on 5th, not one single channel...[Sad!]
Anyone in Sea View?