Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coqui's silent?
Where - oh - where have the COQUI'S gone?

It's 9:30PM and not a PEEP!

It's WONDERFUL!

"Silence is golden, but my eyes still see
Silence is golden, golden, but my eyes still see"
C/O-written by Bob Gaudio of the American band/The Four Seasons with Four Seasons producer Bob Crewe.

"Each thing I do I rush through so I can do something else" - Cemetery Nights/Stephen Dobyns
Cooler weather silences the little critters. Silence is golden.

Andrew

Chinese curse "May you live in interesting times".
It is even better with the combo of low rains the last week plus AND the cooler rain... both cause the peepers to hunker down (as I am typing this we just had a rain & I hear a couple starting a small chorus ....)
Yes, it is quiet here in HPP, too. Sort of. When I went to bed last night, I thought, "Ahhh, no coqui noise." Then I started hearing noises that the coquis usually cover up such as the several barking dogs around the neighborhood, the lady across the street shouting on her cell phone in the front yard, and the jerk riding a unmuffled ATV up and down Kaloli. Oh well, "It's always something," as Gilda would say.

Cheers,
Jerry
We only had one last night for a few hours and normally have 2-3 around our property.

Jerry, when we used to stay in Puna we believed firmly that someone could make a mint if they opened a muffler shop there. We have never heard so many unmuffled cars. However, who says they would get their mufflers fixed if there was a shop there?

And I loved Gilda and use that saying frequently too. ;-)

devany
I wonder if it may have something to do with the recent vog?
Puna: Our roosters crow first
I grew up in NY state. During the summer, I went to bed to the sound of crickets, it was soothing, and because of this, I feel that some people hate the little guys for no reason other than they need to complain about something.
I wish we could hear the crickets, but the couqui drown them out.
centipede, do you live in a coqui area?

I too think crickets are very soothing. Coquis, within 50 yards, are not.
[quote]Originally posted by PaulW

centipede, do you live in a coqui area?