Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
From the Coconut Wireless
I heard this from a friend who heard it from a co-worker who heard it from somebody else: There was a party or meeting down at Uncle Robert's in Kalapana recently. One of the guests was Elton John. Sir Elton announced he was moving to the Kalapana area and would be involved in helping secure Hawaiian rights. Has anybody else out there heard this story? It's so very far fetched it just might be true.
We met this guy at our recent poker night, he claims he has worked for Sir Elton for decades, and he certainly is working the look; when I googled Elton John's band I could find no pictures or mention of this guy, but he absolutely IS NOT Sir Elton. He came to poker night with old friends of our friend and they were all staying in Kaimu somewhere so I can see where the rumor came from.

Carol
Carol

Every time you feel yourself getting pulled into other people's nonsense, repeat these words: Not my circus, not my monkeys.
Polish Proverb
My husband works at Volcano Winery. On Thursday an Elton John impersonator was there for a visit. My husband said if he didn't know it was an impersonator he wouldn't have known. The look, accent, etc. was dead-on.

The guy's name according to his card? Eldon.

Jody Kenny R(S), e-PRO
Aloha Coast Realty
cell (808) 333-1369
www.JodyKenny.com
The guy we met called himself Rick. If this guy had red glasses and a huge white belt buckle shaped like the headstock of a guitar its the same guy. No British accent when we met him though.

Carol
Carol

Every time you feel yourself getting pulled into other people's nonsense, repeat these words: Not my circus, not my monkeys.
Polish Proverb
I heard it was Elvis; doing an Elton John impersonation.
uhhhh thankyouverymuch rocketman.
EJ was in Argentina on the 26th and he'll be in Vegas on the 2nd, so it is sort of on the way.

Do any other famous people live in Puna? I hear VJ Singh has a house, but it's north of Hilo.
Elton was at our souper bowl party.

Or was that Elvis?

Damon Tucker's Weblog
I think Oprah may live in Puna but no one want's to talk about it [:p]

I do hear if you send LeilaniGuy $25 he will erradicate any unwanted famous people or frogs.

-Blake
http://www.theboysgreatescape.blogspot.com/
Quote: "Do any other famous people live in Puna?"

The key words here are "used to".

Donald Fagen of Steely Dan used to have a home in Kapoho.

Jack Lord used to own some acreage on Kama'ili road that was used as a commune in the 70's.

Any others?
Hey Blake,I didn't say I'd eradicate anything, just "look into it", spend a lot of money, and do nothing, the same way the state does it. Oprah lives in a tipi next door to Donald Trumps school bus in Blacksands Beach. Their all night drum circles and fire dancing are annoying all the neighbors.