Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OCeanic Going To Offer 20Mbps Road Runner Service
Oceanic is going to be offering 20Mbps Road Runner service later in 2009.

http://www.honoluluadvertiser.com/articl...30317/1071
GREAT!

Now how brown cow (stuck in child rhyme mode) do I get CABLE to my end of the neighborhood?

"Each thing I do I rush through so I can do something else" - Cemetery Nights/Stephen Dobyns
quote:
Originally posted by Menehune

GREAT!

Now how brown cow (stuck in child rhyme mode) do I get CABLE to my end of the neighborhood?

Where do you live? Oceanic is in major expansion mode in Central HPP, stringing cable on several roads in the past six weeks.

Cheers,
Jerry
quote:
Originally posted by JerryCarr
Where do you live? Oceanic is in major expansion mode in Central HPP, stringing cable on several roads in the past six weeks.

Cheers,
Jerry

Jerry - Aloha! Bottom of Makuu - very bottom - Ala Heiau!

"Each thing I do I rush through so I can do something else" - Cemetery Nights/Stephen Dobyns
I thought Oceanic was at the bottom of Makuu Drive, Beach Road area? Only the people in the middle of HPP was suffering without Oceanic. We recently got their service late last year.
Yikes, $70/month. Is that even near worth it?
quote:
Originally posted by ef9

Yikes, $70/month. Is that even near worth it?

It allows "streaming video" - have five grandkids - the youngest just took her first step for us on webcam - worth it? PRICELESS! [Big Grin]

(Until the money runs out. [Wink])

Edit: Forgot - it has not made it anywhere near us - Heh! macuu2222 - what's your take?

Hmmm you think its will make it to Beaches? They told me the 10 and 15 was not available in my area... so I don't expect to see 20 any time soon.

-----------------------------------------------------------
I do not believe that America is better than everybody else...
America "IS" everybody else.
HBAT
The Wilder Side Of Hawaii
quote:
Originally posted by Jon

Hmmm you think its will make it to Beaches? They told me the 10 and 15 was not available in my area... so I don't expect to see 20 any time soon.

The fastest RR speed available on the neighbor islands currently is 5Mbps. OTW withdrew the availability of 8Mbps RR service a few months ago on the neighbor islands. The reason for this was due to a lack of inter island bandwidth.

The 15Mbps service is only available in selected areas of Oahu.

Which means 20Mbps will also not be available in Puna...

HBAT
The Wilder Side Of Hawaii