Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cuba
Aint there yet,but proposals are on the floor to open Cuba to tourism. That could throw a wrench into our recoup, close too,with a potential for supercheap tourism.
Gordon J Tilley
Yep, lets start giving the dictator more money so he can live it up while his people live in poverty...

-----------------------------------------------------------
I do not believe that America is better than everybody else...
America "IS" everybody else.
HBAT
The Wilder Side Of Hawaii
Cuba is open to tourism, just no non stops. Now one travels through mexico to get there. One of the last outposts that will take dollars over euros. -grin

The Cubans stamp your visa in your passport on a slip of paper that is removed so the u.s. authorities wont have a cow upon ones return - grin

Its been that way since the late 80's

Legally we can travel there - its illegal to take and spend us dollars however

Id sure love one of Fidels old chevy taxis!
Maybe Cuba could help us get some doctors.
Lee Eisenstein
http://members.cruzio.com/~lionel/event

"Be kinder than necessary, as everyone you meet is engaged in some kind of strudel."
Cuba does in fact have a fine medical school and their mortality and morbidity rates are right next tot he USA........ They have socialized medicine and provide free healthcare to everyone there with a community clinic in each neighborhood just like an elementary school in each neighborhood. They have very limited high tech, but because they focus on preventative care, they are as successful as we are in keeping people alive and well.

I like the American way of doing most things, but it is certainly not the only way and Cuba certainly does not post a threat to Hawaii for financial recovery. IMO....
I want to be the kind of woman that, when my feet
hit the floor each morning, the devil says

"Oh Crap, She's up!"
ROTFLMAO..............

HBAT
The Wilder Side Of Hawaii
OK, since Rob's not going to do it I will...

WHAT does this have to do with Puna?

Aloha au i Hawai`i,
devany

www.eastbaypotters.com
www.myhawaiianhome.blogspot.com
Devany -

Want to see a funny picture of Lingle... ah never mind.

Damon Tucker's Weblog
When Cuba is open to direct US tourism, there will be those that will visit Cuba instead of Hawaii just because it’s new. But overall, it's still a warm exotic "Caribbean" destination, not a warm exotic "South Pacific" destination. It would be the same as deciding to visit Asia or Europe, two different destinations with two different feels.

The only danger to Hawaii is exposing US citizens to Cuba’s health care system. Considering they have been operating under an embargo with severe US sanctions for dealing with Cuba, they have managed to put together a health care system that will make Hawaii blush. But Hawaii's tourism will not suffer.
That would explain all those refugee boats heading from Florida to Cuba.

Prisons have free health care too, but I wouldn't want to live in one.