Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HPP Special BOD Meeting 3/17/2009 6 pm
There will be a Special Meeting of the Board of Directors on March 17th at 6pm in the HPPOA Activity Center Library. The purpose of the special meeting is to open the paving bids for 1st Maku'u to Paradise, 16th Maku'u to Kaloli, and 19th Paradise to Kaloli.
I don't know how I got over the hill without getting to the top.
Well, Erin go Braugh... how dare they have a meeting on St. Patty's Day?

Aloha au i Hawai`i,
devany

www.eastbaypotters.com
www.myhawaiianhome.blogspot.com
I have not been able to make the last two meetings:

Board Meeting - 02/18/2009

General Membership - 02/22/2009

Due to a prior commitment - I will miss this one.

BUT there is information floating around that is QUITE disturbing! [:0]

In the minutes of a Special Board meeting February 11th, 2009:
http://www.hawaiianparadisepark.org/Minu...pecial.pdf
It was noted that "The Road Bond" could generate $600,000 for HPP due to it's
favorable provisions.
But THEN - It was ALSO noted that HPP might be in DEFAULT on "The Road Bond" based on it's 2007/2008 financial report! [B)]

I was ALSO informed that a NEW budget has been set that literally ELIMINATES purchasing road gravel to maintain the unpaved roads for the next FIVE YEARS!
From the HUNDREDS of thousands to just $25,000.00. Due to the need to make payments to "The Road Bond". [Sad!]

I thought that the increase in our road fees made the payments for "The Road Bond" and that "The Road Bond" would NOT deplete or affect the general fund? [8]

Why do I get the feeling that SOMETHINGS not right? [xx(]

O.K. - my bad - I didn't go to the meetings - but a lot of people didn't.

How do we get ANY reliable information about was is going on other than the rumor mill or the minutes of meetings over a month old? [?]

"Each thing I do I rush through so I can do something else" - Cemetery Nights/Stephen Dobyns
we need an HPP Bloger.
Jerry is a reliable source of information and may chime in on this. He has been saying for some time that the road paving did not go as anticipated, and that is putting it politely.

Whenever I heard the word "bonds" I hear Mr. O'Hara saying that word in response to Katie Scarlett's question "What'll we do pa??".

"Bonds", Katie Scarlett.

"What kind of bonds, Pa?"

"Why, confederate bonds, Katie Scarlett!"
Bonds..................James Bonds................
We do need much more participation.
but not everyone can make it to every meeting. if you have family there way down on the priority list.unless you have a financial interest ( i.e. real estate ) its hard to justify endless meetings going nowhere 99.9% of the time. on top of all the other meetings and time that people involved in the community put in.
i go to the general meetings and speak out, against the bond issue and got nothing but grief.tried to explain to the very nice lady from the bylaw committee that the bylaw amendment is a law suit waiting to happen

we need more participation. the way to do that is to have people more informed and educated about whats going on, how important it is. and how government works or is suppose to.
a couple of posts went missing out of the middle of this thread
Seeb, I deleted a lengthy post. It's all been said before.
I don't think the board WANTS people to know most of the things that are happening. Remember a few years ago when they wouldn't let any one have his/her three minutes during the meeting as a topic came up? They restricted it to three minutes at the beginning. Well, at the beginning, we only know in general what's coming up -- IF the agenda has been printed and presented to the attendees. Remember that they removed the road manager a few years ago seemingly because he was keeping the lot owners informed?