Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Current waiting period to get internet?
I was reading some posts some time ago and got the impression that it's a long waiting time to get internet.
So what is the current waiting time?

I just want internet.
All you need is a phone line, or a cell phone signal. No wait.
Thank you,Greg.
But if you want cable internet...the wait could be several decades!

I live in HPP and I've been waiting since 1990.
Macuuu,what company people use for a cable internet?
And will the cable company accept my application if I am not on the island yet?
We arranged for all of our Time Warner Services (cable and internet) from the mainland. There is a 2 week waiting period and you cannot book the services more than one month in advance.

However Still Hope... I believe you are going to be living in Sea View? Forget about Cable there. No service. They do not even service much of HPP yet. There is a guy that does wireless LAN Systems in some South Puna neighborhoods. He did in the Kehena Beach area where we used to rent. I think he charges $50 a month. Or you can get it through the phone company (probably your best bet). I doubt if you can get cell service to work there either. We never could just three blocks down the street from Seaview, but I am sure you know most of this already since it is something an educated buyer needs to know.

Aloha au i Hawai`i,
devany

www.eastbaypotters.com
www.myhawaiianhome.blogspot.com
While she is waiting... she can drive about 30 miles r/t and pay at the internet cafes in town.

Does Kalani have internet terminals for public use? Or do you have to be staying there?

Damon Tucker's Weblog
Uncle Roberts has internet now. Some part of that extended family is also providing internet service for that area now at quite good prices too.

Carol
Carol

Every time you feel yourself getting pulled into other people's nonsense, repeat these words: Not my circus, not my monkeys.
Polish Proverb
Thank you,everyone for the response.
Macuuu,10 years waiting is a joke,i assume.

Devany,I would buy in Sea View,dial up or not.

Cgray,I never heard of Uncle Roberts.Could you,please,gie some more information?I'd really appreciate it.

Hughesnet is running a special until the end of March for Satellite net. I think it's $100 rebate on install/hardware, which brings it to $300, then $50 a month for basic service.

* I'd rather fail at happiness than succeed at misery *
* I'd rather fail at happiness than succeed at misery *