Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where's my Sunday paper???
A couple months back, I changed my Hawai'i Tribune-Herald subscription to the online version. Other than no ads and no special supplements (Merrie Monarch, et al), it has worked well, available daily shortly after midnight, no problems. Today, however, the Sunday issue just isn't there, Saturday 4/25 is the last one available. I called HT-H circulation department a little after 9 a.m., waited 10-15 minutes on hold, then was automatically switched to leave a message, we'll get right back to you. Now it's 11 a.m., I've called again and no hold music this time, just straight to leave a message and we'll get back to you. So now I've left two messages with no response, there's still no Sunday issue online, and I guess I'm just outta luck. Anybody else in the same boat this morning? Any problems with the print issue? Any suggestions? Mahalo.

use it up, wear it out, make it do, do without
I don't know how I got over the hill without getting to the top.
I know that the paper copy of THT has been having some problems this week, as they had a fire that damaged the printing press, & were using the press in Kona (at least for a day or two).... not sure how this would have anything to do with the e-copy... but maybe...
We got our print version. HOWEVER, we experienced the same thing on Easter Sunday. But I think maybe the regular delivery guy was not working or something because our neighbors all got their papers. When I called the circulation department I could not even get a voice mail to leave a message, maybe I did not wait long enough on hold.

I went to Pinkies and bought a paper.

quote:
Originally posted by Lin W

A couple months back, I changed my Hawai'i Tribune-Herald subscription to the online version. Other than no ads and no special supplements (Merrie Monarch, et al), it has worked well, available daily shortly after midnight, no problems. Today, however, the Sunday issue just isn't there, Saturday 4/25 is the last one available. I called HT-H circulation department a little after 9 a.m., waited 10-15 minutes on hold, then was automatically switched to leave a message, we'll get right back to you. Now it's 11 a.m., I've called again and no hold music this time, just straight to leave a message and we'll get back to you. So now I've left two messages with no response, there's still no Sunday issue online, and I guess I'm just outta luck. Anybody else in the same boat this morning? Any problems with the print issue? Any suggestions? Mahalo.

Aloha au i Hawai`i,
devany

www.myhawaiianhome.blogspot.com
www.eastbaypotters.blogspot.com
UPDATE: Monday's online edition appeared shortly after midnight, right on time. The Sunday edition finally showed up sometime after noon Monday. Still haven't had any return on my telephone messages to circulation or email to webmaster so, no explanation. Hope this isn't gonna be a trend.

I don't know how I got over the hill without getting to the top.
We regularly are disappointed with the Tribune Herald, especially on the weekend. It is often late or doesn't show up. We have called and complained many times but it makes no difference. We're considering cancelling, and just foregoing the pleasure of a morning paper (albeit with very little news) and doing the crossword.
Sometimes sections are missing from my Sunday paper. Usually the comics and USA Weekend. The Merrie Monarch supplement was missing too.
Believe me, sometimes it is even worse if you are a business trying to place ads with them. Heaven forbid you have a terrible ad rep and need to fire him. They don't want to hear about nor do anything about it, and that is from management. They know they are the only daily paper here, and have a terrible attitude about it.