Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Recycling VHS tapes
I have over a hundred VHS tapes of great movies and wonderful TV series. The problem is that they now all have mold growing on the tape and are pretty much unplayable. That was something I wasn't prepared for when I moved here, but I've learned my lesson!

I've already replaced most of them with DVDs although the most expensive collections haven't been replaced yet (e.g., Inspector Morse). The video player has long since found another home, so even if I could find a way to clean the tapes I have no way to play them.

Is there any place that I can dump them off somewhere for recycling? There are three large trash bags on my lanai full of tapes that I need to remove, and they've been there for months - I guess I'm still too attached to them!

Anyway, suggestions very welcome!

And what is the proper way to get rid of a mattress? I know I see them dumped all over the place, but I've never had to get rid of one before.

Sorry, must sound very naive, but it's clear-out year here.

Tom
Have you called the Recycling Center? They usually can tell you what you need to do with the larger items such as mattresses. About the tapes...so sorry, we've all been there. Maybe one of the electronic recyclers has a means of disposal for them. Mine have just gone into the regular trash bin at the county dump.