Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hilo Target and Safeway Lease signed
They finally signed the lease for the new Target and Safeway in Hilo. Construction will start in January and planned opening of July 2011.

All I can say is....It's about time!

http://www.hawaiitribune-herald.com/arti...ocal02.txt

http://www.honoluluadvertiser.com/articl...th+Safeway

And if your unfamiliar what a Target looks like on the inside...you can check out Kona's new Target when it opens next month on July 26th.
AMEN! I am not so excited about Safeway, but I dislike Walmart so much and I did like Target on the mainland. It will be good to have some competition here. Maybe KTA will also clean up their store a bit now.

Aloha au i Hawai`i,
devany

www.myhawaiianhome.blogspot.com
www.eastbaypotters.blogspot.com
I love the big Safeway stores. They have a lot more variety than what we have seen locally. I can't wait for both of these store to open. Plus more jobs.
Wow...the new safeway will have a sushi bar and a Starbucks with Wi-Fi! And they will be closing the old safeway when the new one opens. I'm wondering if they will get a new tenant to fill the large space from the old safeway or will it be a vacant eye sore in the parking lot for years to come like the incomplete Circuit City building in Kona?
Sorry if I missed this somewhere but where is the new Safeway and Target going to be located?
The new target & Safeway will be in the HHL leased industrial land behind WalMart & across from Home Depot.
On my last mainland trip I went into a Target store just to try and figure out what the brand loyalty was about.

I have to admit I was not especially impressed. Just looked like another big box full of foreign stuff.

I don't get it.
Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator
Thanks Carey! [8D]
quote:
Originally posted by Carey

The new target & Safeway will be in the HHL leased industrial land behind WalMart & across from Home Depot.

quote:
Originally posted by Rob Tucker

I have to admit I was not especially impressed. Just looked like another big box full of foreign stuff.

I don't get it.

That's pretty much what they are. More or less, they are a very slightly upscale Walmart.
I agree with Kabloink. Target offers somewhat better quality products at somewhat higher prices than WalMart. If one shops carefully and waits for sales and clearances, though, one can obtain those better quality products at WalMart prices or lower.

Cheers,
Jerry