Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Medical care for all rally set for Hilo
“Medical care for all” is the focus of a public rally set for Wednesday, Aug. 26 at Hilo’s Mooheau Park Bandstand. An ad hoc committee of concerned citizens is asking those who want single-payer, universal healthcare to turn out between 5 and 7 p.m. to sign petitions to be presented to Hawaii’s Congressional delegation before Congress reconvenes in September. Printed information on various healthcare bills and options – including Medicare for all -- will also be freely available to the public at the rally. For more information or to get involved in the rally, call 935-0622, 982-9100, 935-7981 or 965-8945.

Well, I've got a pretty good idea what kind of rant this is gonna trigger but I'm putting it out there anyway for those to whom it matters. I'm not going to debate the multitude of immense issues healthcare discussions trigger. Just want to remind people that 50 million Americans -- equal to the combined populations of NYC, LA, Chicago, Philadelphia, San Francisco and Washington DC -- are without coverage for medical care and another 50 million are underinsured. If you want to sign a petition for single-payer universal medical coverage, please attend next Wednesday's rally (also the anniversary of women's right to vote). If it's antithetical to your beliefs, organize your own rally.
and we do anticipate that this will end the Doctor shortage here?

David

Ninole Resident
Ninole Resident
One step at a time. If medicare for all becomes a reality, then more people on the island will have coverage. Coverage means money. Money might attract doctors.

The status quo has not done that. This may.
My grand-daughter is 21. She goes to college and works in the college office part time. She can't get health insurance for less than $200. a month (with no prescription or test coverage) just because she owns a small piece of land that her dad left her. I've always thought this is so unfair to her because she is trying so hard and almost has her BA degree, while some of her friends sit home and play computer games all day and have full medical coverage.
Sue,

What university does your grand daughter attend? Most offer health plans for students quite affordably. UH does, I know some people who have attended there receiving government grants and loans just to get the insurance...people that own property!

Aloha au i Hawai`i,
devany

www.myhawaiianhome.blogspot.com
www.eastbaypotters.blogspot.com