Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scam Email
Hello treeman

You received the following message from: vincentlove (vincentmani1988@yahoo.fr)

At: http://www.punaweb.org/Forum/

Hello.

It is my pleasure to contact you for a business venture which I intend to establish in your country. Though we have not before, but I believe one has to risk confiding in someone to succeed sometimes in life. I am Vincent Mani, I'm from Sierra Leone in West Africa. My source of your contact gave me the courage and confidence to rely on you, that was the reason while I contact you for this noble transaction to seek you help and advice since I am too young to handle it alone.

The sum of Eight Million US Dollars ($8.000.000.00) was deposited by my father in a Bank in Abidjan capital city of Ivory Coast which he wanted to used for his political ambition, before he was assassinated. Now I have decided to invest this money in your country due to frequent political instabilty and for security reasons too.

I want you to help me claim and receive this money on my behalf after the money has been transferred into your bank account.I will come and continue my education in your country while you will help me invest in your country, such as these three ventures in your country but, if there is any other business that is better than my suggestion, I will be very glad to follow your advice.

1). Real estate
2). The transport industry
3). Five star hotel

I will be pleased to offer you reasonable percentage of the total fund while the balance will be invested with your help.NOTE: I have all the necessary documents backing me up as the next of kin, If you are willing to assist me , please do not hesitate to contact me for further details and also hope you will handle this transaction with almost confidentiality and transparency it deserves. Email me at vincent_mani1988@yahoo.fr

Respectfully yours,
Vincent Mani
Did anyone else get anything like this ?
Yes, same thing.
These types of e-mail are one of the biggest scams going on. When you answer they want you to send money to cover "some" expenses for sending you the funds. There check is either counterfiet or worthless. The bank I work at in Ohio usually has one or two people falling for this scam every few months. Hit delete and forget about it.
Thanks for pointing it out. I've locked the user name out. It can still happen again though.

Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator
Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator
Rob,
This is the second scam email that I've received that specifically mentions Punaweb.
Just recieved the same scam
Me too.
Anyone who has stored their contact details in Punaweb will receive it.
The scammer just joins forums and sends an email to every member.

I don't know how many years this has to continue until people stop falling for it!
Then they'll stop.

One day I'll make a phishing screen to send to these people (it's often a yahoo
account) so I can relieve them of their passwords and all the fresh leads.
I just got it as well