Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Creeps keep a creeping in HPP!!!
Yesterday morning I awoke at my usual time of 4:00 a.m. to 4:30 a.m. I was heading into Hilo to take care of shopping for the week. I hate to go to town at midday. I feel my day is wasted at that point. Anyway, back to the story. Before leaving I go outside to hook up two of my pit bulls(At night I let them run free). This is now 4:45 a.m., as I'm tying mu "bullies" back up I notice approaching car lights. My sensor lights finally go off before car goes by my place. The drive cannot see me in the shadows of the night.....he slows down. I then walk to the end of my driveway. I can see his truck leaving my area, heading in opposite direction from where he came. Then all of the sudden his car lights go out!?!? But like I said, I hate shopping at mid morning let alone midday! So I decide to leave and go do my shopping. But because of my sleeping family, I leave in the blanket of total darkness. Not using my car lights until I reach Paradise drive. Then I think to myself, what about my family?? So I turn around and head back down my street with my high beems on! I now realize that the "perp" is not as far away as I thought. So after cruising by his truck, I again turn back around hoping I can "flush" the "perp" out. Mission accomplished!! Heading back towards his truck, he's now exposed himself. I see that he's either "haole", or "portugee". Dude was tall & thin. I'd guess inbetween 30 & 40 of age.
Okay what he was driving was a probably a 80's model Ford truck. You know the kind that had the all chrome tailgate? Since it was pitch black, I'm not sure of car(truck) colors. I think it was several shades of purple & black. As for the license plate. I think the first three letters were HGK, but I'm 100% sure of the numbers 685.
I caught this guy going between my neighbors property at 4:45a.m.. He wasn't pulling ovwer to relieve himself of a blatter full of urine that's for sure! He was either a pervert or a rip off...take your pick! HPP is full of them!!! If you doubt me go the the state registry for sex offenders. It's like almost every fourth person in the park is a "Chester" for christsake!

So be on the lookout for this Ford truck with a thin drive with a moustache too HGK*685,then you make the choice of what he is!

-----------

Let's get together and over grow the government!!!!
-----------

Support the 'Jack Herer Initiative'NOW!!
What do you mean by "Perp" was he stealing something? "exposed himself" was he flashing you?

Did he run? Did you try to talk to him to see what he was up to?

you left some loose ends in your post.
One Thing I can always be sure of is that things will never go as expected.
Always report incidents like this to the non emergency # 935-3311, this way they can send an officer out, and have the license plate # on record. Another # 211 is good to have on hand, they will answer any question and give you the number to contact that will help resolve the problem. Teamwork !
quote:
Originally posted by kimo wires

What do you mean by "Perp" was he stealing something? "exposed himself" was he flashing you?

Did he run? Did you try to talk to him to see what he was up to?

you left some loose ends in your post.

come on brah, this ain't my first carnival! When you see someone slowly pull their auto to a stop at 4:45 a.m and the dude crawling in the bushes between your neighbors home. When I said he "exposed" himself, I wasn't talking about him flashing his "meat whistle" at me. I was referring to him coming out of the bushes.
Listen Kimo, I was once a drug addict. Addicts, criminals, & perverts have the ability to see one another for what they are. In a way it's a gift to be able to see peice of s__t in your neighborhood before something happens. Dude, after 8 years in Federal Prison, I able to spot all kinds of crap on two legs!

-----------

Let's get together and over grow the government!!!!
-----------

Support the 'Jack Herer Initiative'NOW!!
Thank you, Beachboy, for your detailed description and warning.

Kimo, it was 4 a.m. I don't think Beachboy was in the mood for a chat with a man on the street hovering around in the dark. And anyway, who cares if Beachboy didn't identify the exact nature of this man's business, it's very helpful that he reported his actions and gave a description to Punaweb, and hopefully by now the police. I completely agree the man was acting suspiciously and guess what - I would have also assumed he just might be up to something no good.

What person goes out for a casual stroll at 4 a.m. in the pitch dark, parks up and turns his headlights out, and then disappears in the bushes? A truffle hunter? I don't think so.

Have you read the recent post by Menehune? Like it or not HPP is being inundated with thieves and we do need to be on our guard and help each other by passing on information. Jerry is doing a fantastic job trying to get us all involved in Neighbourhood Watch. We must, there are just not enough police to deal with every incident.

If I was sitting in my truck on a street in HPP and someone wondered what my business was, I'd be pleased to tell them. I'd appreciated it was probably just a concerned resident trying to keep his/her family safe.
We desperately need more people to form Block Watches as part of Neighborhood Watch and help make their little piece of HPP safer. I view what Beachboy observed as worthy of reporting to the police, but he did not mention doing so. While I appreciate his vigilance and awareness of suspicious behavior, I think he would be more effective as part of a group of concerned people. By banding together, there is the strength of numbers and the knowledge that someone is watching when you have to be away. We can also help set up an alert system so that neighbors can be quickly warned of incidents like this by email and/or phone. We can be reached at HPPWatch@aol.com . Posting on Punaweb is good, but a lot more can be done with only a little effort.
The biggest problem with our police department is the small number of officers we have in lower Puna. They are spread too thin to respond to every call promptly.

This is exactly why we need to be diligent in reporting every incident. Somewhere down the road, when the number of officers is adjusted, these reports are going to directly effect the number of police we get. More reported crimes = more police on patrol.

This is from our community police guy. Don't think you're diverting resources by calling in an incedent. They prioritize their responses, but all reports are important to set a crime "baseline" in Puna.

punatoons
Greg is right about reporting every incident. Police personnel allocations are indeed based to a significant degree on reports. Trying to influence politicians to provide more resources should also be done, despite the fact that many of us have doubts about their competence. They need to hear that this is a big problem.
Seems to me with the size and potential tax base in HPP, incorporation and forming your own PD may be an answer.

Incorporation and gating the community if there is a low level of patrol activity is an effective community solution to low policing priorities by the local enforcement agency.

Bullwinkle, State Representative Faye Hanohano introduced legislation in the last session which would have allowed HPP to form a township. It got nowhere. Normally, I would have blamed this on her marginal ability to get anything done, but in this case there was a lot opposition from Oahu legislators. The precedent could easily have had places like Kapolei and Kaneohe trying to secede from the City and County of Honolulu. Mayor Mufi was having none of that.

So HPP and the rest of Puna will have to find another way to get their needs met.