Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New ideas
Hello all,
we were hoping to get some advice/input on how to creat more traffic to our new business, I know we have not been open long , but I just thought that we would be busier that we are, maybe it is the pushy New Yorker in me I dont know.maybe others could share their experience on first opening their first business ventures, thank you very much for your kindness honesty and support..
Much Aloha

Kevin Costello & Meghan Wobles
1. Advertise in local newspapers, radio, etc.
2. Offer discounts to customers - reduced prices, 2-for-1 deals, etc.
3. Seek tie-ins with existing businesses - offer discounts based on receipts from nearby businesses that don't compete with you, offer to pay part of cost of joint ads, ask businesses to let you put your sign in their window.
4. Sponsor events/activities to make your name better known.
5. Contribute visibly to local charities so that you are seen as community-minded.
6. Be patient while business builds.

Howard
Hi K & M Mail Boxes!

Have you gone down to the post office and given out information to all the people standing in line? Seems you might find a few more customers there. Perhaps the Koffee Kafe in Mt. View would let you put a flyer in their shop. Did you take any flyers to the realty companies? How did that work? What have you tried?

Good luck, hang in there these things take time. Does your business plan show a time line for a turn around. I'm not sure how those things work?

It is definately a needed business so should do good once the word gets around!

mella l
mella l
Art and Science
bytheSEA
[quote]
Mella
we advertised on the radio, posted flyers,and faxed flyers to realtors and other business, we have a web site, the post office will not allow us to do what you said, nor do they send people our way.
We also will have an ad running in September in the HPP newsletter. Apparently We need to do more, We do have plans to put shelving and add school supplies/office supplies, gift wrap, post cards...to help out,and offer more goods and services to the community, I appreciate your input.
Aloha

You might want to try posting flyers on the bulletin boards in various subdivisions. I know there are bulletin boards in Nanawale, Leilani, and Hawaiian Shores.

And what about a magnetic sign for your cars? You could then park them in Pahoa, where there's a lot of foot traffic- like near Malama Market- or at the Makuu market on Sundays.

Just some thoughts- good luck!

Aloha,
Jody

Jody those are good ideas. You could have a magnetic sign on your car doors and park at the post office! LOL

Personal contact with local realtors would help also I feel, personal contact and sincerity will help them remember you and your business, perhaps.

mella l
mella l
Art and Science
bytheSEA
I am Liking these ideas, We will apply some tommorow and over the weekend, thank you very much all, any other Ideas would be cool

Aloha

I sent my neighbor to your new facility the other day....but she had to send something UPS and that service is not provided. Will you be doing UPS eventually?

Kevin, I pretty much can imagine where those faxes ended up. Smile Talk to the Sales Managers at the real estate offices and ask them to let you do a presentation at their sales meeting. You can also join the Hawaii Island Board of Realtors and go to their HPP/Lower Puna Caravan meetings.

When I moved here from NYC I used to wear a shirt button with an "I don't care how they do it here, I'm from New York!" message. Would you like to borrow it? Smile

Aloha,
John S. Rabi, ABR,CM,CRB,FHS,PB,RB
http://www.JohnRabi.com
Typically Tropical Properties
75-5870 Walua Road, Suite 101
Kailua-Kona, HI 96740
(808)327-3185

Edited by - John S. Rabi on 08/17/2006 16:19:40
This is what I think of the Kona Board of Realtors: http://www.nsm88.org/aboutus.html

Loretta,
We did try to get ups services here but as of march 1st ups is not taking on new authorized ship centers and I dont know when that rule will be lifted,we are going to see if they will allow ups customers to drop items, but we will not be able to set up a ups shippment, I am sorry we could not help your friend with that, and we do appreciate you recommending us

Mahalo