Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
coming in oct..hints ..help
hi,me& hubby are coming to BI in oct..have a rental for a month. will be looking for long term rental,ideas??hope to be working in hilo ,so a place close (less than an hour drive)what about doctors?any on kona side?hubby has heart needs..doctor???

Aloha Sharon,

When folks around here have heart needs, many times they are flown to Oahu for better medical facilities. Oahu is only about an hour's flight away. Then if patients have really serious heart conditions, sometimes they are flown to the mainland, but many things can be taken care of on Oahu, I think. Since it seems to be a condition severe enough to be of concern, perhaps you should contact the hospitals directly to see if there is appropriate care available. There is a hospital in Hilo, one south of Kona and one in Waimea that I know of. There may also be one in Pahala, but I'm not certain. It doesn't hurt to be safe!

A hui hou,
Cathy

"I like yard sales," he said. "All true survivalists like yard sales." 
Kurt Wilson
thanks,hoping to move to BI,coming for oct to look for house and see what area to settle.I've been reading your posts on this web...love all ideas i've picked up.can't get there soon enough......want to rent,and look around .

I seem to recall that the hospital in Waimea has quite a good reputation for cardic care. You might want to check them out as per hubby's specific needs.

David

Ninole Resident
Ninole Resident