Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just a fun moment...
Being the physically challenged person that I am ... one who REFUSES to give in or give up on most things, I have developed a way to move my 25 gallon propane tanks to get them filled without killing myself or the husband. We load one into the bucket of my 30 HP tractor and I drive it down the road 1/2 mile and then down the hiway another 1/4 mile to the Hirano Store. There I can pull right up close to the propane service area.

It is always fun to enter the parking lot. All the old timers who have not seen me before stare and laugh, not rudely but in a fun way. One very Hawaiian looking guy with a little pick-up truck stopped, watched me climb back up onto the drivers seat, and laughing lightly while shaking his head said "Kinda like Green Acres, hey Auntie?" I thought it was one of the most wonderful moments of my day! I wasn't being harassed, nor called fat or old or whatever. He made a cultural comparison and I had the benefit of identifying with Eva Gabore. Not bad for this old lady!!!

Nothing important here. Just sharing a fun moment.

Smile Pam
I want to be the kind of woman that, when my feet
hit the floor each morning, the devil says

"Oh Crap, She's up!"
Wonderful story! Really gave me a chuckle.
Rather charming, I think . . . or even flattering. Eva was quite a hottie in her Green Acres days!
Pam, what a great story. My new neighbors introduced me as "auntie" to the kids. It was actually very sweet. Of course that was after we were introduced to his adult family, as not stuck-up haoles. It made me laugh out loud. I just mailed off pictures from his birthday party we attended while we were there for our last short visit. Just part of why I want to be in Puna, where you can be different, and still OK. Building friendships can hard work, but the rewards are great.

Life goes on, with you or without you.
Peace and long life
You go, girl!!!

Green Acres by Vic Mizzy - Green Acres Lyrics

Green acres is the place for me.
Farm livin' is the life for me.
Land spreadin' out so far and wide
Keep Manhattan, just give me that countryside.

New York is where I'd rather stay.
I get allergic smelling hay.
I just adore a penthouse view.
Dah-ling I love you but give me Park Avenue.

...The chores.
...The stores.
...Fresh air.
...Times Square

You are my wife.
Good bye, city life.
Green Acres we are there.

great story! i used to love watching that show.

"a great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices."

w. james

"a great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices."

w. james

That is so funny Pam, I had a Green Acres flashback just a couple of days ago. I had left the front door open and the chickens came wondering in, chased them out, then the neighbor's dog came wondering in. First thing I thought of was that it was getting a little Green Acrey around here.

Scott