Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hawaiian Airlines
Has anyone else noticed that flights between hilo and lax are higher than last year, even in the off season month of October?

Mac nut
Try leaving from Kona to LA. You have 3 differnt airlines (American, Delta, and United) all with non-stop flights. And fares are very competitive. You'd be amazed the higher fares that airlines charge with through service to Hilo. A 2 hour drive to Kona can save you as much as $300.00 on roundtrip airfares.
I have found deals out of maui also ... mokulele koa to ogg or hnl and then book outward from there ...
I've all but given up on Hilo airport, who needs a stopover in HNL when you can fly direct to the mainland from Kona.
you'd think a quick cheap shuttle by (shudder) bus or turboprop would do well...

One of those otters --- I know they like to call em dash somethin or others.... I still like em...
I have flown in to Kona a couple times from LAX and I love Kona airport. Not too happy about the drive from Kona to Hilo, but if I am saving a couple hundred bucks that may dull the pain! I still would like to see a non stop to the mainland from Hilo airport but thats probably wishful thinking on my part.

Mac nut
They used to have non-stops and they were great, but alas no more.

How do they get to call themselves "Hilo International Airport" anyway? Is it the length of the runway?
I think it is the length of the runray.

Hilo Inernational Airport is an approved runway for a Space Shuttle landing! If they are clouded over in Folorida and California then they come to Hilo! Perhaps someday we will see it happen?!?!?!?

Susan
Susan
According to Wikipedia, it's Hickam AFB, Honolulu if the Shuttle needs to land in Hawaii. Alas!
Hmmm, I was told by a "credible' source that it is Hilo. Thanks for the info, I will check it out...

Susan
Susan