Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shipping e Moving services
Aloha Punatics (assuming a badge of honor here)
Probably old and worn out topic (I am a newby)....but who has had what experiences with the different companies. Considering West Coast Relocators from Sacramento area to Pahoa. Your IMHO's and kakou please.
Mahalo nui
Lokahi

Aloha Lokahi! We are moving to Pahoa area this month. We are using West Pointe Relocation...you can google for it...we have been talking to Chris. They are a little more service than Matson...which I know a lot of people use. I've heard good and bad about Matson.

We are also shipping a little Toyota pickup from Arizona door-to-port to Hilo. However, our belongings will be door-to-door. They will load here in Arizona, ship and unload on our driveway in HSRE. Happy Hunting!

Carrie

"To be one, to be united is a great thing. But to respect the right to be different is maybe even greater." Bono

http://www.hellophoenix.com/art
Carrie

http://www.carrierojo.etsy.com
http://www.vintageandvelvet.blogspot.com

"Freedom has a scent like the top of a newborn baby's head..." U2
Aloha Carrie
I have been reading a lot of your posts, very informative. We too are relocating to HSRE! Have seen West Point web site and are leaning in their direction since they seem a bit more user friendly than the big guy (Matson). Going through all the challenges of bring, not bring, be free or hoard all that "STUFF". A new begining we keep saying to ourselves. Would certainly appreciate any specific feedback or information you would be willing to share about WP Relocators. Feel welcome to email me if you would rather not post. Mahalo nui.
Aloha Lokahi! We are moving to Pahoa area this month. We are using West Pointe Relocation...you can google for it...we have been talking to Chris. They are a little more service than Matson...which I know a lot of people use. I've heard good and bad about Matson.

We are also shipping a little Toyota pickup from Arizona door-to-port to Hilo. However, our belongings will be door-to-door. They will load here in Arizona, ship and unload on our driveway in HSRE. Happy Hunting!

Carrie

"To be one, to be united is a great thing. But to respect the right to be different is maybe even greater." Bono

http://www.hellophoenix.com/art

Edited by - Lokahi on 09/05/2006 18:52:05
We used Movers Pakman/Hawaii Express (http://www.moverspakman.com) to move from Mountain View CA to Volcano. They hired good contractors to pack and to unload, nothing was broken, workers were conscientious. However, the office staff in the East SF Bay seemed to not be as responsive after our container was on the ship. All in all, the whole experience was good, but just a bit frustrated with the office gals.

Shipped our car with PASHA and that went perfectly fine.

I just read on a website about someone else's move that Movers Pakman is a woman-owned, family business, if that makes a difference to you.

Les
Kakahiaka Les
Mahalo for sharing your experience and the great referral to Pakman. I had heard them mentioned before but couldn't find them. Thanks for the link. Mountain View to Volcano. A quantum leap, yes? Enjoying life no doubt. Appreciate your help.
Lokahi

Welcome Lokahi,
No advice on moving services since we didn't use a mover. Just wanted to chime in and say welcome to the neighborhood!
Aloha Smile
Tim

Tim

"My baby, she run away with the garbage man...please come home to me darlin', my garbage can is overflowing." Muddy Waters
Tim

A superior man is modest in his speech, but exceeds in his actions--Confucius
Aloha Lokahi and welcome to the Punaweb home of the Punatic, lunatic's about the puna. Some want to call it Puna U, that's fun too, seeing as though we will all have to learn new ways, from mail to garbage disposal or water collection, and being a good neighbor!

Just to chime in here regarding moving. We will be using Pasha out of Livermore to carrier our truck, car, down to San Diego and ship direct to Hilo. We will also be shipping by Pasha a travel trailer to live in while we build our home.

We haven't decided on a mover for our few posessions going over as what ever we ship in household goods will need to be stored for 6 or more months while our home is being built. I fear the long term storage of these items as I'm sure some of it will deteriorate being stored for so long. So it is hard to pare down but a necessity.

Good luck to you on your relocation. Mella

mella l
mella l
Art and Science
bytheSEA
Mella,

The thought of a 6+ month storage on the BI is scary because of mold. I can't imagine that the available options include any regular opening and airing out of said storage facilities... There's got to be a better way! Are you storing on the mainland, perhaps? Are delayed shipments a possibility?

Les
This is a bit askew from this topic, but....

There's a huge pile of containers next to the BART tracks in Oakland with a bit "For Sale or Lease" sign, which makes me fantasize about buying one, filling it with the household stuff, and then having it delivered to a lot in Puna. Can anyone tell me why this is unrealistic? If the lot is big enough, it could be a nice garden shed after being unloaded..... Nowhere near actually doing this, but wondering if it would save $$$ over Matson or these others you're discussing.
Wayne

A box has to be certified cargo worthy in order to be accepted by Matson or any other trans-oceanic container shipping line. Most used 20' dry vans so certified run in the $1700 to $2100 range (last time I checked).

Also your freight bill from Matson would be the same whether you use your own container or one of theirs.

aloha,
Gene

Isn't Disney World a people trap operated by a mouse?

"I've been on food stamps and welfare, did anybody help me out? No." - Craig T. Nelson