Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GIVE ME YOUR STORY!
Your story, Ad, or service posted at: onthepahoehoe.com
Email me your copy and I will post. All FREE! email: newmicmag@yahoo.com

newmicmag
newmicmag
What a great site! A lot of fun reading about local folks at their best. Thanks for the link.

Aloha pumehana,
Brian and Mary
Lynnwood, WA\Discovery Harbour
Aloha pumehana,
Brian and Mary
Lynnwood, WA\Discovery Harbour
I am Kelena. I was born on a Monday, the rain a-pourin' down. When I was young, I wandered barefoot down to the river where I sat and played the lute as I was fed grapes by goddesses. Satyrs romped around me, but the minotaur was never far. I saw fair Narcissus gazing into the limpid pool of my eyes. I set my lute aside and followed him into the swamp. There, he turned me into a sculpture of living water at the midst of which was a column of fire. The water never quenched the fire and the fire did not turn the water to steam. With some effort, I resumed human form and returned to the City of Bridges where I once again felt the cool mist on my face. I consecrated myself to monastic study. Narcissus chased me, not for me, but to see his own reflection in my eyes. He turned himself into a hydra-headed monster to distract me from my study, but by then my gaze was powerful and I froze the serpents one by one. My studies completed, I threw myself into the bacchanalia I had denied myself. I met fair Athena and there was laughter, wine, music and fire. I saw a mortal gaze upon Athena. This enraged me and I became a snarling, dangerous beast, unrecognizable to myself. Athena eyes darkened and the music stopped. Athena reached into my chest and with one hand, seized my heart of blue crystal and shattered it on the marble floor. As I gathered the pieces, she cast me from the mountain-top palace in the rain. I fled to the harbor, all the while dreaming of Athena. I seized a sailor and we dwelled by the water. Narcissus called to me. He was dying, but the sailor would not let me see him. Narcissus died. I knew because my room was filled one evening with the intense fragrance of a thousand roses, though there were no flowers there.

The days drifted by. I labored long. I was lamed and nearly struck dumb. A muse whispered in my ear "You must fly over the ocean until you see a double rainbow". I saw the double rainbow and my heart soared. I glimpsed a volcano goddess and she cast a molten stone into my chest, melting, and then recasting my heart. I said "I shall live here with the sailor".

I returned to the harbor city to make my plans. But I was awakened by a voice on a moon-less night. The voice said "There is a serpent where the sailor's heart should be". I asked the sailor if that was true and he became enraged. I reached into his chest as I had seen Athena do, and seized a writhing serpent and cast it to the floor. The walls of my dwelling turned to dust. I fled straight into the arms of Athena who called me to return to the palace, professing her love.

But the palace did not look the same. The floors I thought were marble were dirt. Athena loved me again -- as I dreamed. But I did not love her. I left Athena in the pouring rain.

The rain stopped. I saw a double rainbow. I heard a distant chant and dreamed of a fiery goddess. And I began my quest to return to the land of the rainbows to dwell forever in the bosom of the volcano goddess, where like, she kinda turned me into a man pig.

Do you have a link to the site, rather than your e-mail link?

punatoons
onthepahoehoe.com
Tim

A superior man is modest in his speech, but exceeds in his actions--Confucius
Glen ~ That was stunning! What a gift you have :-)

aloha, Liz

"The best things in life aren't things."
Hey, Glenn, I will feature your poetry. Can you send me a photo? Also tell me about yourself in relation to Big Island. Thanx

newmicmag
newmicmag
Greg, Are you the artist and Can I post the info about you on the site? (onthepahoehoe.com) Will you email me please? kennethkudo@yahoo.com. I'd like a little more info about you.

newmicmag
newmicmag
Here is a link to a picture of me, Shakahashi. http://www.flickr.com/photos/punaguy/3277461839/

My connection to the Big Island is this: I own a home in Hawaiian Paradise Park and hope to retire there someday.
I LOVE LOVE LOVE that seersucker suit Glen!!!

Aloha au i Hawai`i,
devany

www.myhawaiianhome.blogspot.com
www.eastbaypotters.blogspot.com