Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cell Service In Hawaiian Acres
Aloha to all, I live in Hawaiian Acres around F & 7 and have Verizon that doesn't work very well maybe 1 bar of signal. Does anyone know what cell service works best for that area?

I appreciate the advice and hope everyone has a great day.

Mahalo
Jim
Two cans with string tied to them?
quote:
Originally posted by Kapohocat

Two cans with string tied to them?

I tried that and it doesn't work well with family plans if you have a large family. [Big Grin]

I have T-Mobile and my phone defaults to ATT towers if there are no T-Mobile towers available. And in HA it is hit and miss for me. Some areas of HA have okay coverage and other areas don't. I was staying on Road 1.

The Kona Forum
http://www.konaforum.com

Da Kine PC Repair Upgrade
http://www.DaKinePC.com

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former". --Albert Einstein
If all else fails, a cell phone amplifier works great! 5 bars. A bit pricey at $350, but it does the job. AC or DC, ATT & Verizon, from Wilson Electronics on the web.

Dan
Hi neighbor,
I am just around the corner. AT&T and Sprint both work well at 6 and F. AT&T just put a new tower in orchidland. The Sprint internet service works well if you can live with the 5 gig limit, Mobi not so well.

Scott

The problem with roaming if you are T-Mobile and roam onto AT&T is that if AT&T customers need the circuit, you, as a non-AT&T customer, get bumped off. T-Mobile is going to be installing a new tower in very lower Nanawale that will surely help Hawaiian Beaches, but not Hawaiian Acres.
Thanks everyone for your input I do appreciate it.

Hello Scott, Doesn't AT&T have internet service? Just wondering why you have both.

Thanks Dan I will look at Wilson Electronics. Does it work with both cell and internet?
Jimbos,

Yes. I teather my cell phone to my laptop for internet service and regular cell phone service from ATT. Not very fast, but fast enough with the amp.

Dan
I was using all Sprint but the wife gets a discount thru work for AT&T, so switched to that for phones. Mobi is what I am using right now for internet but they need to do some upgrading their system isn't the best but they are unlimited. Sprint was sending me letters that we were exceeding the 5 gig limit all the time.

Try not to get the amp, too much money and to much power usage, the things run really hot. I just use an external antenna for internet and then connect the usb device to a wireless router.

Scott
T-Mobile has a tower that will be going up behind the church (Assembly of God I think) that should drastically improve coverage in Hawaiian Acres.