Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Miloli'i
Just wondering. Did any of you folks looks in Miloli'i before buying in Puna, and what made you choose Puna instead. I know that alot of that area looks like the moon :-), but with the drier weather, and the prices still fairly reasonable what makes this area less desireable than Puna. I notice alot of it is Lava Zone 2, like parts of Puna as well.

Check out my Exotica CD at www.tikiyakiorchestra.com
As far as I'm concerned, if it isn't jungle, it isn't the Hawaii that I fell in love with.

Royall

What goes around comes around!

We looked there. It was very dry and hot. It did have a quaint old fishing village area. The power lines were not all through out yet.
Roads were good. They were on water catcment and it seemed to dry for that. kinda barren.
Price was to high at the time. Puna is the best buy and there is enough ran for the catchment. And it is cooler here. Wasn't even
a question in our mind. Went there for 10 minutes and left. The only plus that we thought was that with the way Kona was growing
that Miloli'i would be an area that may get an
overflow affect and maybe that would raise value.

Aloha
Wyatt

"Yearn to understand first and to be understood second."
-- Beca Lewis Allen
I'm with you Royall.....it's gotta be green to be my paradise. We did drive through Miloli'i during our initial search but it comes back to the same old advise that has been said over and over......you need to come and drive through the neighborhoods to see where your comfort zone is. In fact the one area that we thought would be our favorite turned out not to be what we actually wanted.

Hope this helps and have fun with your search!

Aloha,
Paula
PunaPaula
We are going to look at this area and South Point. The one acre lots on the top look OK they have plants growing but I think the Puma area has more to offer for us. We will be there in a few weeks to look it over.

Keith
Keith
Wow, fast response. Thanx guys, keep it coming, I'm really interested in the different POV's. Keith, please be sure to post your ideas on it after you've been.

I definitely consider the Kona sprawl too, that's why I was asking. Is Puna part of a Hilo Sprawl, or is it too far away ?
It seems that Puna is has become it's own entity, and growth in the area seems iminent.I know alot of folks moved there to avoid the Konafornia syndrome, do you see Puna growing the same way, like in 10-20 years with big chain stores and more development?

Check out my Exotica CD at www.tikiyakiorchestra.com
My thoughts about Miloli'i have already been expressed. Haven't been to South Point, but I was really impressed with Na'alehu and Punalu'u. The just seemed expensive and far from services.

That's a pretty crazy road leading down into Miloli'i. In case you guys dont know, Miloli'i is the last Hawaiian fishing village, and there is alot of angst related to the developement going on there. I myself wish that they would leave areas like that alone, and at least attempt to preserve some of these historic places before they all become resorts or subdivisions. I heard a story on the radio about some land over there being deeded back to the Hawaiian family that are decendants of the old royalty. Not sure if this is at or near the Miloli'i village, but it was somewhere over there. At any rate, it was good to hear. Sorry for the rant, but I have a special place in my heart for the indigenous(sp?) peoples of the world, being that my grandmother was Native American.
Aloha,
Mark

One word. Vog. Unless you like breathing smog. :-)

I have always felt that the "Stink-eye" was on me from the locals whenever I have been there. Granted I haven't been there that much and not recently.

Andrew

Chinese curse "May you live in interesting times".