Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
hang on to your purses!
yesterday, there were three separate incidents of women's handbags being stolen (macy's, walmart and sack n save) while their backs were turned for just a moment. NEVER leave them unattended.

"a great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices."

w. james

"a great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices."

w. james

I am always amazed when I see someone put there purse in their shopping cart and turn away or walk across the isle and leave them unattended. I hope they can identify the culprits on video.
I am guilty... I usually watch my bag... but I know in a bad world this happens. Thanks for the warning Francine!

Aloha au i Hawai`i,
devany

www.myhawaiianhome.blogspot.com
www.eastbaypotters.blogspot.com
We were warned upon entering Walmart one time to attach the baby snap strap to our purses if we intended to leave them in the child seat area. I thought this was a good idea, as it detoured the snatcher for a moment or two.
Enjoy the day! Ann
Asly I do the same thing then put groceries on top of the bag also. At the check stand while I'm waiting for the person in front of me I dig my bag out of the seat!

mella l

"New York London Paris Hilo"
mella l
Art and Science
bytheSEA
i do the same thing with my bag, mella and ann. renee still has a heart attack when i do it.

she also warns shoppers to watch their purchases carefully as well. people have been known to walk away with paid for merchandise. you know, you're looking at some merchandise and your shopping bags are on the ground, you turn your back for just an instance, voila! gone!

jade, the police were given video at the sack n save store. as far as macy's and walmart?

w. james

w. james

I don't actually put my purse into the cart, I was just posting about being warned about it once upon a time. I actually use one of the small money/cc purses that goes over the neck and shoulder, mine is a sherpani brand, love it, have had it for at least 5 years now, measures about 4"x6". I do have a much larger bag for other items I carry, but this stays in the car or at home. I usually tuck it away or cover it when it's in the car however.

We've even seen this kind of purse snatching at gas stations in WA where someone is paying attention to pumping gas or goes into pay, and gone is their purse that was in the passenger seat. I always lock the doors on the vehicle when I go inside to pay.
Enjoy the day! Ann
Hey I strap my bag in the baby straps twice if there are two. I won't take a grocery cart without working straps. Then I pile the groceries I'm going to purchase on top of my bag and fill the baby area first thing. Hey I haven't paid for the groceries yet so they can take what they want. But without a knife they can't take just my bag, they'd have to overturn the cart and fight me for the bat!! LOL

mella l

"New York London Paris Hilo"
mella l
Art and Science
bytheSEA