Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TV Repairs
I have a Samsung DLP TV that needs diagnosis and repair. I suspect that it has a bad ballast/power supply, but I don't have the knowledge to verify this. I am wondering if the folks of Punaweb may know of someone who does reasonable TV repair?
Good luck with that...

I have a 46 inch Toshiba DLP HDTV that had some issues and NO ONE except on Maui and Oahu did Toshiba. No one was willing to fly or anything. Nothing in Kona either...

Maybe try Sears. If not, buy a new one...
Yeah, I was hoping to find someone who knows how to confirm the ballast is good or bad. I replaced the color wheel myself a couple years ago, and don't mind doing it myself, but I hate to spend $100.00 on a part and find out that it is something else.

Sears wants $100.00 to make a service call, then they start to charge for diagnosis. I have had bad luck with them in the past...
I would call Hatada's TV Repair in Hilo. They will at least talk to you about the symptoms.
TV & VCR Repair
All makes & models, free estimates, reasonable rates. Call Gil Sampaia at 934-0616.

David

Ninole Resident
Ninole Resident
quote:
Originally posted by KathyH

I would call Hatada's TV Repair in Hilo. They will at least talk to you about the symptoms.

Benn there, done that, really nice fellow, but only works on Sony and Panasonic.[Sad]
quote:
Originally posted by David M

TV & VCR Repair
All makes & models, free estimates, reasonable rates. Call Gil Sampaia at 934-0616.

David

Ninole Resident

Thanks David,
I just left him a message.
I'll remember that next time. [Smile]
I called them about a Sony so they had no reason to tell me they were limited to certain makes.