Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Old Pahoa Fire Station blessed as Senior Center
I attended a blessing for the Old Pahoa Fire Station as it transitions into a Senior Center.

About eighty people attended including Mayor Kenoi, Councilwoman Naeole-Beason, Faye Hanohano who shared the limelight for the new
center.

I think that a Senior Center is a very good purpose for the building. It is well located and promises now expanded programs. I assume some time in preparation will be required and the usual search for funding.

All citizens should take interest in this progress. As was pointed out in the blessing: If we are lucky we will all be among the seniors making use of this space.

Special Mahalo to Toby Hazel for her work on this. I am sorry I cannot remember the others who labored with her on the center.
Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator
these kinds of places are very important and essential for our seniors. what would we have done if irene (renee's mom) wasn't able to take part in using this type of facility? she went to adult day care until the progression of alzheimer's disease made it too difficult on her and her caretakers. renee then became her full-time primary caregiver. a very trying and tiring time for both of them.

"a great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices."

w. james

"a great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices."

w. james

What a wonderful use of space. My mom used to frequent a senior citizen center because I lived to far away to see her daily. The companionship and being able to converse with people who remembered the same things as she did brought her such joy. I hope the center will be a great success
My Mom goes every Friday morning to her meeting there. It has made an incredible difference in the quality of her life! I got to see her dress up as Hilo Hattie for Halloween...it was so much fun.

Carrie

"The world is changed. I feel it in the water. I feel it in the earth. I smell it in the air. Much that once was is lost, for none now live who remember it." Galadriel - LOTR
Carrie Rojo

"Even the smallest person can change the course of the future..." Galadriel LOTR