Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What did you leave behind that you regret?
If and when you moved to the island of Hawaii, what did you leave behind that you wish you HAD brought over?

On the what to bring thread many noted clothing was shipped that was not needed and that VHS tapes don't do well in humidity.

So what did you leave behind that you regret, you miss, or you are having a hard time replacing?

mella l

"New York London Paris Hilo"
mella l
Art and Science
bytheSEA
like devany, wish we had brought our shop vac. didn't anticipate the weight gain and should have kept/brought my bigger clothes that were donated. lol.

"a great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices."

w. james

"a great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices."

w. james

My moms' old juice-o-mat. We used it quite a bit in Illinois, have no idea why I thought I wouldn't need one here... and then we bought a place with citrus trees! Boy, did I rethink that decision!

We were able to get it replaced from ebay - finally from a seller in Illinois! It is now a 'vintage' item so some of the prices sellers wanted were way too high, but there are some that are just sold as juicers, not memorabilia, so we now have juice!

Also containers, everything from tupper-type ware to bigger containers, shoulda packed stuff into the containers! It is not that they are expensive here, but for the last 5 years, most stores would only have a couple of sizes of containers at a time, over a year or two you may have a good selection, but not the grab & go type selection I had. Plus, with all of the potlucks & the need to protect things from the environment & such, we are always needing containers.
All my pyrex cookware, especially the casseroles with glass lids that I can't find here, more of our hand tools, my cast iron wok, my larger sizes of stainless steel pots and pans that we sold because we were staying in apartments with tiny kitchens, and some of my books that I sold and then ended up replacing. We came with only carry on luggage and then shipped 2 rubbermaid containers of kitchen stuff, we sold or gave away everything else.

Carol
Carol

Every time you feel yourself getting pulled into other people's nonsense, repeat these words: Not my circus, not my monkeys.
Polish Proverb
Beds! I never thought mattresses would be so expensive and hard to come by here and while my king size bed wouldn't have fit in the current house we have, at least we wouldn't have spent 9 months on air mattresses!
My Grand kids !!!
Me! I'm still over here.

Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.
Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.
Fabric materials, craft books, and other hobby stuff that I gave them away during packing.
Me too Oink!

Iju thanks for the comment, I'll have to rethink my fabrics and such! How is Paws I still have his photo!? A Hui Hou!

mella l

"New York London Paris Hilo"
mella l
Art and Science
bytheSEA
More stained glass!! The last shop closed in Hilo a few months ago. I can't finish projects I have in the house unless I order online and pay an arm & a leg!

mary blonde
Live Aloha