Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hooters
It's confirmed, Hooters is opening up in the place of the old Chart House (aka Kona Beach Club recently) in Kona but no opening date has been announced yet.

Aloha,
John S. Rabi, ABR,CM,CRB,FHS,PB,RB
http://www.JohnRabi.com
Typically Tropical Properties
75-5870 Walua Road, Suite 101
Kailua-Kona, HI 96740
(808)327-3185
This is what I think of the Kona Board of Realtors: http://www.nsm88.org/aboutus.html

It's confirmed then: Kona is now Atlanta with better beaches.
If you are excited about Hooters I will give you reality. The food is horrible. The wait staff is either a 19 yr old waiting for her big break to get into a stripping career or a 29 yr old stripper that just had a baby. I am not joking. And I should know because when Hooters first franchised Atlanta was the spot where they took off. We are also home to about 150+ buck naked strip clubs. I am not coming down on either I am just saying that Hooters adds no value to your daily routine. Did I mention the food is horrible? Their wings are the worst I ever had. And it looks really silly to see a girl wearing shorts that go up her butt with dark thick pantyhose and sneakers on.

Atlanta/Pahoa
Atlanta/Pahoa
This means that Hooters is predicting enough Kona visitors/residents are "Hooters fans" to support their business ;-)

Undoubtedly, Hooters did their market research and made that determination.

Edited by - adias on 09/24/2006 07:22:21
There's a classy establishment for ya, and irresistable cuisine too! Should fit in well with all the tweakers that come out at night there.
And they discriminate against males, too!!! Let some restaurant (I'm using the term loosely because of the terrible food.) hire only men to parade around in g-strings and the ACLU would sue the owners of the restaurant for sex discrimination and the courts would rule against the restaurant quicker than a cat catches a mouse.

They did have a restaurant on Oahu who used to have g-string clad waiters, it was over by the airport and real "tiki" style. It closed years ago and they turned it into a used car lot. I don't know why they closed. It wasn't really a bakery so maybe their buns weren't any good?

Seems if you are going to be a restaurant, then serve really good food and forget about silly dress up games. Then you will most likely end up as a really good restaurant. A restaurant that is doing anything else other than serving good food will make me much less likely to go in the door.

I think we could use a nice texas style smoked barbeque eatery and they could have all the wait help wear cowboy hats if they wanted to play dress up. Actually, don't most of those barbeque places just have a counter where you get smoked barbeque, beans and cole slaw? Save the bother of trying to figure out what the wait help should or shouldn't wear. We've got plenty more cows around here than we've got wait help so I think a place that emphasises the food over the wait help will have a more likely success rate.

"I like yard sales," he said. "All true survivalists like yard sales." 
Kurt Wilson
quote:
If you are excited about Hooters I will give you reality. The food is horrible. The wait staff is either a 19 yr old waiting for her big break to get into a stripping career or a 29 yr old stripper that just had a baby. I am not joking. And I should know because when Hooters first franchised Atlanta was the spot where they took off. We are also home to about 150+ buck naked strip clubs. I am not coming down on either I am just saying that Hooters adds no value to your daily routine. Did I mention the food is horrible? Their wings are the worst I ever had. And it looks really silly to see a girl wearing shorts that go up her butt with dark thick pantyhose and sneakers on.

Atlanta/Pahoa

Sorry, did I say I was excited?! You will never see me in any of the chain restaurants where the "Island Fish Special" is frozen mahi mahi from Philippines.

Aloha,
John S. Rabi, ABR,CM,CRB,FHS,PB,RB
http://www.JohnRabi.com
Typically Tropical Properties
75-5870 Walua Road, Suite 101
Kailua-Kona, HI 96740
(808)327-3185
This is what I think of the Kona Board of Realtors: http://www.nsm88.org/aboutus.html

For my 2 cents worth I think the quality viewing for any voyeurs would be any beach! Just an idea.

mella l
mella l
Art and Science
bytheSEA
I dunno, I always kinda liked slutty girls with PIC. Do some people actually go there for the food? The place is kind of a *itt* bar lite. If you get caught in there by the wife you can always clain you went there to eat. You should also remember that there are a lot of construction workers in the area.

S. FL Islander to be

Edited by - oink on 09/25/2006 16:52:24
Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.