Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We Are Home
Well, it's been a long and surreal week...up 20 hours, sleep 4, etc. We finally arrived today in Puna. Our house is even cuter than I remember (except for the ants who have been residing here in our absence LOL).

It's dark now and the coqui are talking...I won't go into my fondness of them...it's a catalyst. Suffice it to say the Island is very obviously alive Smile

The Japanese couple that lived here left many signs of themselves...some pretty handmade quilts and lovely watercolors of the hibiscus and plumeria in our yard. I'm grateful. I imagine her out in the yard with a big hat on and sketching with her colored pencils. It explains the many and varying amounts of flora here.

It's 3:00am Phoenix time, but here I am on Tony's laptop...in HSRE. I wonder what wonderful thing is around the corner Smile

What occurs to me is all of the times when I was a kid and teachers, parents and mentors said "you can have whatever you want in life if you're willing to work for it." Well - it's true. What a special place this is and I can't wait to see it again in daylight. It was raining in Hilo when we arrived and there's a gentle rain here in HSRE...a very soothing sound.

We won't see the kids until December. They live with their biological mom for the past 1-1/2 years. That was one of the more difficult goodbyes (or proverbial until-we-meet-agains). Others are too curious not to come out and visit or already know what a special place Hawai'i is.

There's much to do before our things arrive...car registration, cleaning top to bottom, getting mom's doctors set up...

Thanks to this forum things went much more smoothly than they may otherwise have gone...much advice and experience here...it works. Mahalo.

Carrie

"To be one, to be united is a great thing. But to respect the right to be different is maybe even greater." Bono
http://www.hellophoenix.com/art/dreamhawaii.Cfm
Carrie

http://www.carrierojo.etsy.com
http://www.vintageandvelvet.blogspot.com

"Freedom has a scent like the top of a newborn baby's head..." U2
Carrie, Yahooooo! Congrats to both you & Toni! WELCOME HOME!!!!
Coqui lulubye & all!
Have a great night & a great 1st week, exploring all of your new wonders!
Aloha, Carey

Glad to see you guys made it and are in your home. If your mom is going to go to the clinic in Pahoa, Doctor Conrad is a special lady that helped me with figure out my liver problem..I think you would really like her. Well get settled in and come see me when you can!

*****WELCOME HOME*****

We look forward to meeting you. Stay in touch. Come t the Scuba Club meeting Oct 1 at Richardson's beach for some fun water time... you are in Hawaii so that means PLAY TIME!!! Wooo Hooooo

Pam

Just another day in P A R A D I S E !!
I want to be the kind of woman that, when my feet
hit the floor each morning, the devil says

"Oh Crap, She's up!"
Aloha Nui Loa. Glad you made it!!!

Andrew

Chinese curse "May you live in interesting times".
Welcome Home Smile

David

Ninole Resident
Ninole Resident
Aloha to you both.

I ride my bike past your home several times a week, and each time have noticed a cat sunning itself on the front sidewalk. Perhaps waiting for its new family to arrive?

Welcome home

Bill

"The truth is more important than the facts"
--Frank Lloyd Wright__
Welcome home!!!!

Robin

Carrie thank you for posting! Wow you are there, and who knew back in June that in September you would be home in Hawaii! Best of everything to you, you are on the easy side of the move now yah! Aloha, Mella

mella l
mella l
Art and Science
bytheSEA
Welcom Carrie! We hope to see you at one of the Punatic get together in the near future.

Royall

What goes around comes around!