Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fern Forest Mail Delivery
Are there are any fern forest residents out there who can tell me whether or not there is a central mail box within the subdivision, or is all mail for FF general delivery? I searched the forum, but could not find this info, and I also searched the web, but again had no luck. mahalos!

hope
hope
Some of the subdivisions are Postal Box delivery (HI Acres, Fern Forest, FA, Glenwood, etc) at the post office station. If there are not POB's available and there has been quite a long waiting list at times, you can get general delivery while waiting, or use one of the services like One Stop Shop, or Mailboxes Etc. Some subdivisions do have POB's at the entrance or shortly into the sub, such as HPP, Orchidland, Kapoho, Kehena Beach, etc and show a Rural Route adress w/ a box #.

Hi Shores, Beaches, Rec Area, etc all have house delivery.

-Cat

Catherine Dumond
Blue Water Project Management
808 217-7578
http://bluewaterpm.125mb.com/index.html
"We help make building your dream home a reality"
Thank you Cat. You're always so helpful.
I am aware of the general delivery nightmare (we have friends in HI Acres who stand in line every day at the P. office) and aware that some subdivisions differ from others -- was hoping an FF resident could advise me specifically about that area-- I'll just keep being patient. I would happily rent a PO box, but Pahoa is a somewhat serious distance from where we would be buying our house --- :o)----BTW, thanks again for your help and opinion on the Orchidland property I was asking about earlier in the season -- we've since found a totally permitted home in FF that we're focused on trying to get. It's possible escrow could start today! Hope you're having a great day... alohas - hope

hope
hope
YEAH! We'll cross our fingers for ya! I was wondering how things were going on the "home(hunt)front"
Anyway there are post offices in Keaau, Mt.View and Volcano and I believe a mail service place is opening in Keaau in October if not already.
But I don't know a thing about FF mail.

P.S. Don't take offense K and M, Pahoa is just too out of the way for someone in FF.

No offense taken, we wanted to open a place up there but could not find a building to put it, still trying to figure out something for the future

Mahalo, and good luck

Kevin Costello & Meghan Wobles
www.1stopmailshop.com
www.alakairidgebacks.com
Kevin Costello & Meghan Wobles
Thank you Hopefeather! Glad you found something you liked!

-Cat

Catherine Dumond
Blue Water Project Management
808 217-7578
http://bluewaterpm.125mb.com/index.html
"We help make building your dream home a reality"
Hopefeather, you will be down the road from me. I live on North Glenwood (Fern Forrest is South Glenwood).

We all use the Mt. View post office. Standing in line for general delivery mail is NO big deal in Mt. View. I did it for a year. They make you wait a year to get a PO Box so sign up TODAY. Boxes become miraculously available the month you "anniversary". Once you get one, it is free. It is just not big deal at all.

Word from my neighbors is thay they tried Kurtistown and Volcano, but the service at those two locations sucks; Mt. View is pleasant .... good luck and WELCOME. P

Just another day in P A R A D I S E !!
I want to be the kind of woman that, when my feet
hit the floor each morning, the devil says

"Oh Crap, She's up!"
We're just entering escrow today... So, it's going to be a long month. But, the house we found we are totally in love with. Without the help of this forum, and all of the interesting perspectives and information sharing, we'd likely still be looking, wondering and wishing. So, a formal thanks to everyone. Proud to be a punatic! P Lamont - thanks, I will get to the Mt. View PO tomorrow!! What kind of flowers and food can I plan to grow up in the 'wet'lands.?? Smile

hope
hope
This is it:
http://www.hawaiiinformation.com/REsearch/IDX/mlsHawaii/IndividualListing.asp?page=1&MLS=181293

hope
hope
Hey, that listing says CABLE! You have cable in Fern Forest? Any idea where precisely? My other half insists on cable internet.