Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Availability In Hawaii
Has anyone ever tried to buy a splint? I tried to find one in Pahoa and Hilo.Not one to be found. Broke one of my fingers I had to resort using homemade splint. Works OK but very disappointed that several pharmacy did not have a finger splint.I am sure I am not the only person needing a splint.Anyone see things so common not being available in Hawaii?
I would imagine that both of the Pahoa medical clinics have them.
We searched almost every store we could think of to find a grapefruit knife (small curved knife that's serrated on both sides). Finally found one at the restaurant supply place downtown, but couldn't believe that none of the grocery stores, WalMart, Longs, etc. carried them. I mean heck, there are grapefruit trees all over the place here...
I saw one at Longs in Hilo a while back. Give them a call
I had picked up a package of 2 finger splints at Walmart for about
$4.00. They are only long enough to cover the finger but could
be modified to immobilize the finger to the palm of the hand I suppose. Give it a try, hopefully it will suit you need.

"From knowledge comes understanding"
"From knowledge comes understanding"
A friend told me of going to the clinic with a broken finger and the DR told this person to get a Popsicle eat it and use the stick to set their own finger. Seriously. Well it worked in the old days it should work now! LOL

mella l

Paris London New York PUNA
mella l
Art and Science
bytheSEA
Mella is right. A popsicle stick should work fine. You can also buy them at the craft store. If you have big hands, find a tongue depressor.

Question though, if you broke your finger, did the Dr. not offer a splint?

Aloha au i Hawai`i,
devany

www.myhawaiianhome.blogspot.com
www.eastbaypotters.blogspot.com
Probably like me. Unless it's really bad, as in displaced or compound, I'm going to treat a finger or toe myself. I can do what the doctor will do, and cheaper.

Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.
Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.