Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Check out one of my side projects.
I am not selling anything so don't slash me out! I (well and some others) have released a side project to the public,
Its free unlimited file hosting, upload pics, mp3's, share them publicly or keep them private, Direct anonymous links so nobody can browse through your other pics:

like this:
http://hawaiifreestorage.com/webfm_send/4

This is 100% free, so please use it and enjoy!

The website is

http://www.hawaiifreestorage.com

Nothing wrong with selling something. Punaweb promotes local people who want to promote themselves. Though for the most part the non-classifieds are for that purpose.

Good luck.

(Nonresidents are not allowed the same privilege.)

Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator
Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator
I would love to facilitate a student created and maintained website for our public charter high school and we have NO money for anything like this. Could this be used to host such a thing? We would want to have informational pages about the school and our programs, post student created projects, videos of student activities, and links to other cool stuff the kids do.

While I don't like to look a gift horse in the mouth, I do have a few questions: How do subscribers know their data is private and secure? What kind of assurance is there that we wouldn't get all our content up and then have the fees change from free to expensive.

This sounds like an incredibly good thing for the community as long as there isn't a catch hidden somewhere. I am just a little concerned we could end up getting just what we paid for it: nothing. I would hate for a bunch of my students to spend a whole trimester creating the content, and then have it all go to waste because we can't afford to pay for a newly imposed fee structure!

Carol
Carol

Every time you feel yourself getting pulled into other people's nonsense, repeat these words: Not my circus, not my monkeys.
Polish Proverb
This is not for websites, its for file storage and sharing, anonymously, with friends etc. use my contact button on the side and I can help possibly help you out.

and without going into major details, this project is a side idea to a bigger project we already are running on oahu very succesfully

There will never be a charge for this, the purpose is FREE.

csgray - there are lots of free blog sites, like Blogger and Wordpress.
Sometimes they have file limits, you could use 808's site to get around this.
What prevents the admins of the site from perusing the files that are stored on the site?
This site is not intended to store sensitive data...
if you have ever used imgur.com to post or store a picture..
If you want to stash something private, i suggest you encrypt the file.
you have a thousands of pics you want to store and not make public, upload them....

use common sense, any website, big or small can look at your data that you have loaded into the system..
just encrypt what you load and nobody can see. there are many free encryption softwares for windows and mac.
or better yet, dont put stuff the sensitive on the internet EVER...
Can you upload more than 1 file at a time?
Use multiple browser tabs..
So there is no way to upload entire folders (directories) at once?

Files have to be done one at a time? That isn't very usable.