Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Turn your headlights on!
I am somewhat appalled at the number of cars that don't have their headlights on when it's almost dark. If you have a light-colored car, you are practically invisible at dusk. If it's still light when you set out, and you know that it'll be dark before you reach your destination, turn your lights on when you set out so you don't forget!

Mahalo!
Yep. And what about those that don't turn on their lights when it rains? That is a law in many states.

Maybe they think they are being telescope friendly? Smile
Yep, many states say that if you turn you wipers on you must have your lights on also. Only makes sence to me but we have enough traffic laws.

The Lack

The Lack Toons
We've automatic headlights and automatic wipers. They don't pay attention to whimsical laws; they turn on and off when necessary - according to the laws of physics.
I've yet to encounter a car I couldn't see (less thick pea-soup fog and then lights don't matter) regardless of its lights being on or off or the environmental conditions. Paying attention to reflective light from turn indicator markers and other reflectors on vehicles is a good idea, there's more than headlights to look for when driving. I'd recommend simply paying better attention, ultimately when behind the wheel of a vehicle you are your best safety asset... not the other person.

E ho'a'o no i pau kuhihewa.
Unless you have the ability to override the CARS control of those wipers and lights, I would opine automatic NOT such a good thing.

Headlights on in fog work to be seen.

Never missed one or not, you probably won't see the one that hits you bra. Maybe one of those guys driving around @ dusk sans lights who takes a hit or sip and swerves.

pog,
Obviosly such automatic systems have manual over-rides.
When in dense fog, if you think headlights can be seen in thick fog, not to mention driving with headlights from your own vehicle in thick fog blinds you as the light reflects off the water vapor. Fog requires low wave light, it's a matter of physics. Driving slowly in fog with fog lamps only or even parking lights is the second best action, the first best thing to do is get the hell off the road and wait it out.
Being mindful of reflectors is a must when driving. There's always going to be people driving with headlights off regardless of our desires, so paying attention for reflective license plates and reflective turn markers is a must. The point, don't rely on the other persons headlights to spot them and perhaps you won't get hit and killed when they turn to hit you.

That last post should have been your first one ( save the last bit ) instead of stepping up on the podium to tell us all about yourself and your vehicle.

Smart cars can dumb drivers down too.
pog,
Grow the hell up.

Ahem...just wanna say that driving during dusk is one of the more dangerous hours as it is neither dark nor bright. I believe most colors look the same and judging distances is more difficult.

Just my humble opinion...[Wink][Wink]

Carrie

"The world is changed. I feel it in the water. I feel it in the earth. I smell it in the air. Much that once was is lost, for none now live who remember it." Galadriel - LOTR
Carrie Rojo

"Even the smallest person can change the course of the future..." Galadriel LOTR
I asked the same thing: http://www.punaweb.org/Forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=9022&SearchTerms=Hamakua+fog
Puna: Our roosters crow first