Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chinese Barbeque?
Saw a banner on Kanoelehua just down from Ken’s that said Chinese Barbeque. Someone said it’s where Sombat’s used to be? I have no idea what a Chinese barbeque is. Has anybody eaten there? Don’t see it listed in Hilo Eats. Restaurant review anyone?

use it up, wear it out, make it do, do without
I don't know how I got over the hill without getting to the top.
OMG Sombat's closed? Nnnoooooo....

Carrie

"The world is changed. I feel it in the water. I feel it in the earth. I smell it in the air. Much that once was is lost, for none now live who remember it." Galadriel - LOTR
Carrie Rojo

"Even the smallest person can change the course of the future..." Galadriel LOTR
I saw that banner yesterday and I think the Chinese BBQ is going in where Fiasco's used to be. I forget what that space has been recently...nothing really "stuck" since Fiasco's.

I am also curious as to what exactly will be on the menu.

We were just in Sombat's and she is still there. She now has some very nice people working the floor while she does her magic in the kitchen.

Carol
Carol

Every time you feel yourself getting pulled into other people's nonsense, repeat these words: Not my circus, not my monkeys.
Polish Proverb
See the banner, look into the building its in front of .... Thats the new place coming .
Carol...phew! They have really, really good Thai. Used to get from the hot bar for lunch when I worked downtown. [Smile]

Carrie

"The world is changed. I feel it in the water. I feel it in the earth. I smell it in the air. Much that once was is lost, for none now live who remember it." Galadriel - LOTR
Carrie Rojo

"Even the smallest person can change the course of the future..." Galadriel LOTR
It was a beauty school that closed several months ago. The new restaurant isn't open yet.
That's correct....it was a beauty school. But, way back when, it was a restaurant and bar called Fiasco's, which was quite nice.

I drove by yesterday and saw that they have a permanent sign now affixed to the building on the side. I guess this will be the main door...facing the parking lot.
Caught it @ the last second, but saw "Open" sign on and people inside this morning.

aloha,
pog