Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
separate laws for each race?
http://dailycaller.com/2010/02/25/house-...1893-coup/
When I return land to you and give you a degree of autonomy after having sequestered your queen and claimed your land for a pineapple company, that is not a "special right". I am not saying agree with this bill by the way, but the terminology "special rights" is a deception used whenever there is an attempt to right a wrong committed against an historically oppressed minority. And so, if I am allowed to marry another gay man in Hawaii, that would be a "special right". Well, actually not. It just puts all of our toes on the same starting line.I am not saying I agree with this bill, but it is not a special right as suggested in this article.
this place was stolen after all, from a "legitimate" government. I don't think anyone should have to follow law forced on them by violence. do you?
Was there blood? I think it's arguable that if US did not accept Hawaii, Hawaii would have suffered a worse fate.
808, are you an American?

Carrie

"The world is changed. I feel it in the water. I feel it in the earth. I smell it in the air. Much that once was is lost, for none now live who remember it." Galadriel - LOTR
Carrie Rojo

"Even the smallest person can change the course of the future..." Galadriel LOTR
yes i am "american". I am not brainwashed.

This is irrelevant and just speculation: "Was there blood? I think it's arguable that if US did not accept Hawaii, Hawaii would have suffered a worse fate."

Duress and threat were involved, just because nobody got shot, does not mean violence was not used.

On a factual basis this land was stolen. if any other nation came and did the same thing to "america" as was done to hawaii, "americans" would all claim a stolen nation.

The debate is not what hawaii's future if it was never stolen would be. the facts remain, this place was technically stolen, under duress and threat. I dont know what kind of contracts you like to stand behind but, in my world and understanding papers and contracts signed under threat are NOT VALID.

I am not defending hawaiians or what they feel there "destiny" is or should be. just pointing out the facts in this case.

do you feel threatened by people that want their land back? or control over there own futures outside of the hands of (to them) foreign laws?

people should drop the america is different attitude and look at what really was done.

lemme help a little more,

http://libweb.hawaii.edu/digicoll/annexa...iliu2.html

I, Liliuokalani, by the grace of God and under the constitution of the Hawaiian Kingdom, Queen, do hereby solemnly protest against any and all acts done against myself and the constitutional Government of the Hawaiian Kingdom by certain persons claiming to have established a Provisional Government of and for this Kingdom. That I yield to the superior force of the United States of America, whose minister plenipotentiary, His Excellency John L. Stevens, has caused United States troops to be landed at Honolulu and declared that he would support the said Provisional Government.

Now, to avoid any collision of armed forces, and perhaps the loss of life, I do, under this protest and impelled by said forces, yield my authority until such time as the Government of the United States shall, upon the facts being presented to it, undo (?) the action of its representative and reinstate me in the authority which I claim as the constitutional sovereign of the Hawaiian Islands.

EVEN CONGRESS ADMITS IT:
http://en.wikisource.org/wiki/US_Public_Law_103-150
Why don't we simply let the real Hawaiians pick ONE island, ANY island and give it to them.

The feds and state then remove all state and federal monies, aid, totally abandon all projects, infrastructure, move themselves off that island, no more benefits period. Let them have that island and do what they would like with it, becoming their own sovereign country with their own problems and issues to deal with.
So if the chinese did the exact same thing to washington dc, and then a century + later some smart guy decided, lets give them 1 state and we'll keep the rest.

Its like those silly people who think kahoolawe, is an appropriate place. do you know what was done to that land? its not habitable any longer.

I think the topic has been hijacked. The Constitution gives Indian tribes special recognition and does not give Native Hawaiians special recognition is the overriding issue.