Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
no trespassing / litter
are census workers told to "ignore no trespassing" signs?
are census workers told to litter census forms on the street? (or shall i say "place them in such a manner on some random place so that the wind and rain will make them into litter on the street")

My census form came in the mail. If you are on any type of government list such as property owner or drivers license that is how it probably will arrive.

My time working as a census worker one summer was no we did not leave any forms and tried to contact people directly by knocking on their doors, so during that time if you haven't mailed back a form be sensitive to those workers might arrive at your front gate.

If you just fill out the 10 easy questions and mail it back there should be no litter involved....assuming you have a mail box?

If you see litter that appears to be from a census worker def. contact your local office to make sure that worker is doing their job properly.

Typically most census workers will avoid "scarry" looking places.
We live in a typical Puna subdivision with no mail delivery to the house. A census worker came through yesterday and hand delivered forms to everyone on our street. She used plastic bags and twist ties to attach the forms to locked gates where no one was home, or where there were dogs (almost every house on our street has dogs). It is my understanding that they do not send the forms to P.O.Boxes or even the roadside banks of mailboxes unless there is one for every property in the subdivision, but instead do the hand delivery in those areas. That is why they had workers out doing a survey on the ground to determine all the habitable places in Puna last year. They mapped out every tent, shack and tarp with someone living in it using gps units so this crew knew where to go.

Carol
Carol

Every time you feel yourself getting pulled into other people's nonsense, repeat these words: Not my circus, not my monkeys.
Polish Proverb
while exploring our subdivsion, fern forest, we noticed the plastic bags attached to "gates" (meaning any type of barrier to a driveway). some lots are NOT occupied and had the forms. we still have yet to receive ours. does anyone know the time frame in which one should receive the census? what happens if you don't get the forms?

"a great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices."

w. james

"a great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices."

w. james

We live in Orchidland and ours was attached to our Gate. We also use
a P.O. Box for our mail.

"From knowledge comes understanding"
"From knowledge comes understanding"
I know other people in HPP who got their's more than a week before we did, so if you see them on your road but you didn't get one you might check the census website to see who to contact.

Carol
Carol

Every time you feel yourself getting pulled into other people's nonsense, repeat these words: Not my circus, not my monkeys.
Polish Proverb
duh?! why didn't i think of that! thanks carol.

w. james

w. james

I got mine two days ago. The census is a valuable tool that comes once in a decade. The amount of litter that might be inadvertently created is less than what careless people create all the time.
This is not true. This was not done for the reason you state at all.
The ENTIRE country was gps'd by the census,

quote:
Originally posted by csgray

That is why they had workers out doing a survey on the ground to determine all the habitable places in Puna last year. They mapped out every tent, shack and tarp with someone living in it using gps units so this crew knew where to go.

Carol

well i have seen some of the "blue bags" in the street on the ground. multiple. also did they send you a letter stating that they were going to "send in the mail" a census form, instead they show up trying to come on private property. I told the lady i wanted it sent via mail to my house and i showed her the letter stating that what was going to occur. she refused.