Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Residential Water Rates Going Up
From West Hawaii Today

Plan on paying more for county water. An 8% increase is on the way.

http://www.westhawaiitoday.com/articles/...ocal01.txt

Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator
Just love my catchment!!

Royall

I'm on the County water line and I feel like it's one of the bargains in my life, even with rate increases. I currently pay about $45 every two months for my H2O bill. With an 8% increase, it would go up to $48.60, still a bargain at $24.30 a month for all the clean, flowing water for all my personal, household, garden and vehicle needs WITHOUT having to worry about maintaining a safe water supply tank.
Take a look at the world...here in Hawaii we are SOOO BLESSED re: water !
I like my county water too. Water quality is excellent.

Just letting people know about the rate increase.

Punaweb moderator
Thank you Rob!
Yeah, sorry Royall, it doesn't make me long for a catchment tank. My water bill is my nothing bill. It's my HELCO and cable that are killers.
Agreed. Helco is a killer bill every month along with my Shell gas card.
Speaking of county water, how safe is our water here? Does anyone know if nitrate concentration is higher here due to any type of agricultural run off or private sewage disposal or plant decay?
Just curious.

Thanks,

Word Mama
The Department of Water Supply provides water quality data periodically with the bills. By my observation of the data we have some of the best water quality available anywhere.

Not being an expert I would suggest that nitrate use here is low. We do not have vast acreage of corn, soybeans, etc that demand heavy nitrate use.

Check with the Department of Water Supply and let us know what you find out.

Punaweb moderator
Mufi been jacking up rates on Oahu- now it's up to $164/2 months. But I drink coffee on it all day long!

Other people want to make friends- I just want to make money.
James Cramer
There is nothing wrong with being on catchment and I look forward to doing so. For those survivalist types among us I would think they would demand such a system. However, it is true that the clean water we enjoy from municipal water systems here is the US is truly one of life's great bargains that is greatly under appreciated, and in addition Hawaii, with ample supplies of ground water, has some of the best water quality in the nation.