Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Home Depot in Keaau?
Today while making an all too frequent purchase at Home Depot I was asked for my zip code. When I mentioned that they only do this when considering a new store I was told "Yes, in Keaau."

Jerry
Art and Orchids B&B
http://www.artandorchids.com
Jerry
Art and Orchids B&B
http://www.artandorchids.com
that would be weird, being so close to Hilo.

hmmmm...

Aloha,
Jody

In my old home town Home Depot bought the local hardware store and put their name on it.
Maybe they will buy ACE hardware?

If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it cost when it’s free...now here come the taxes.....
Hmmm, Lowes should jump on this. It would at least give a choice and their customer service is much better.

Atlanta/Pahoa
Atlanta/Pahoa
Rumor was that Lowes was going in at Shipman....of course that is the same rumor mill that had Costco in there. But that kind of rumor would put Home Depot on alert....

Just another day in P A R A D I S E !!
I want to be the kind of woman that, when my feet
hit the floor each morning, the devil says

"Oh Crap, She's up!"
quote:
Hmmm, Lowes should jump on this. It would at least give a choice and their customer service is much better.

My experiences with Lowe's in Kona and in the Bay Area are perhaps a bit worse than the Home Depots that I've experienced. The staff seems no more informed or willing to help.

Les
Can’t imagine Home Depot having two stores with in six or seven miles of each other. Plus the old store isn’t ready for an expensive make over yet to justify closing and moving location to Kea’au. It would be nice to have Lowes if nothing more than to have the competition in town. HPM better watch out if that happens!

Royall

What goes around comes around!

Edited by - Royall on 11/03/2006 12:47:15

quote:
Can’t imagine Home Depot having two stores with in six or seven miles of each other. Plus the old store isn’t ready for an expensive make over yet to justify closing and moving location to Kea’au. It would be nice to have Lowes if nothing more than to have the competition in town. HPM better watch out if that happens!

Royall

What goes around comes around!

Edited by - Royall on 11/03/2006 12:47:15

Don't be too sure about that. Statistically, at one point, there was 1 new Home Depot opening every day in the US.
Here where I live in Sunland, CA there is a massive campaign to keep them out of our little suburban neighborhood...
www.no2homedepot.com
So, a HD opening 5 miles from another one is probably their goal.

www.tikiyaki.wordpress.com
Check out my Exotica CD at www.tikiyakiorchestra.com
I had the same response to the zip code question. I think that just about everyone Maukka or lower of Hilo in Puna would go to the Keaau store. It would probably even draw from Kau. HPM is still consistenly better priced than Home Despot. Both have a lot of bad employees. Though each have shining stars too. It would probably be bad news for the Pahoa, Orchidland, and Kea'au hardware stores if HD goes in. We'll Seeeeee....