Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
bringing in a parrot
Has anybody had the experience of bring over a parrot from the mainland ? We have all the information about the quarrantine, vets. and red tape,mosquito proof cage etc..
What we can't find though is which airlines will allow the parrot (small) to fly in the passenger section. All the one's we have talked to say their policy is for pets to be in cargo.
Looking for an airlines that will allow the parrot to come as a "carry on "
enjoy, River.

riverwolf
riverwolf
Email me for Mike S's email address. They brought in 27 birds. Cant remember who they flew on but yes it was in cargo.
None of the airlines will allow any pets, except service animals to fly in the cabin, from the mainland to Hawaii.
Make sure that your breed of parrot is allowed. That info is also with the Hawaii Dept of Agriculture.
I brought a "service Parrrot" on the plane with me and it didn't work out so well.

When I asked the stewardess for a coffee, the parrot squawked: "and get me a whisky you cow!"

The stewardess, flustered, brought back a whisky for the parrot and forgot my coffee.
When I pointed out this ommision to her the parrot drained its glass and bawled: "and get me another whisky you bitch!"
Quite upset, the girl came back shaking with another whisky but still no coffee.

Unaccustomed to such slackness I decided to try the parrot's approach. "I've asked you twice for a coffee, go and get it now, bitch, or I'll give you a slap".

Next moment both me and the parrot were wrenched up and thrown out of the emergency exit by two burly stewards.
Plunging downwards the parrot turned to me and says "for someone who can't fly, you're a lippy bastard!"
Great start of the day!! Thanks Greg!! roflol

Royall