Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DARK HELICOPTERS FLYING IN FORMATION
I live in lower Orchidland (less than a miles from highway 130) and around 7pm, 3 dark colored helicopters flew below cloud level over my house heading toward Hilo. Anyone know what that's all about? (please, not Green Harvest again!)
We get tons of tour helicopters flying over us and it DEFINITELY WAS NOT a tour ... unless they're flying 3 at a time and in formation. They were also much much lower than any tour helicopter ...
The last few days have been filled with them over Hawaiian Shores area. Wassup?

Carrie

http://www.sapphiresoap.etsy.com

"Even the smallest person can change the course of the future..." Galadriel LOTR
Carrie Rojo

"Even the smallest person can change the course of the future..." Galadriel LOTR
I can only surmiss that the DEA and/or Hawaii County police are up there looking for all the dangerous pot growers instead of the peaceful meth users ....
I saw and heard them half an hour or so ago flying back to Hilo just offshore (I'm on Kaloli Point). They were in close formation which makes me think it was the military or perhaps the coastguard. I think I heard them go out an hour or so before this but didn't seem them. I'm certain they weren't tour helicopters, the sound wasn't right (I hear them go over day after day) and they sounded more like heavy helicopters that the military or coastguard might use.

There was a thread today about someone being missing on the cliffs around here, news I wasn't aware of until I read the thread, but maybe it's something to do with that?

Tom

PS. thread was http://www.punaweb.org/Forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=10812
I'm 5+ miles from the ocean, so don't think they're looking for the missing opihi picker up here. I saw a video on the web early this year about black helicopters (possibly military) flying over places on the mainland .... it was one of those conspiracy theory things .... not sure I buy into that ... especially here in Puna (our god forsaken, lawless land, out in the middle of no where .... as described by Beth and Dog ....)
Then maybe the military are on a training mission? I wouldn't put too much into those conspiracy theories! The helicopters I saw all had their navigation lights on and were flying reasonably slowly, not the sort of thing they'd do if they were up to no good!

From my place I do see large military helicopters fly out at last night just along the coast from time to time and return an hour or so later. It doesn't happen often and I know one case was to rescue some sailors who were in trouble. I haven't seen three like this before but it didn't strike me as something I'd want to worry about.

Tom
I'm more curious than worried. It vaguely reminds me of when I lived in the Santa Clara valley in the 1980's when the med fly were brought in and the helicopters flew in formation spraying malithion to eradicate them. I just don't like aircraft that fly that close to my house!
It's happened before here - people reporting helicopters flying low over their house at night. It doesn't happen often but usually it's a rescue and in those cases they will take short cuts that the normal tour helicopters aren't allowed to make. The only bit I don't quite understand here is that it seems we saw the same formation at roughly the same time yet I saw them just beyond the coastline and you saw them inland.

I wouldn't read anything too much into that though. They may have been on course back home and asked to change it by air traffic control. Or maybe we're being invaded by the Chinese who have a dozen aircraft carriers and an invasion fleet just over the horizon! Wink

Tom
Saw them flying by Cape Kumukahi (Kapoho) earlier this evening. The noise made me get up and look. Can't remember the exact time. This is not the first time I have seen this. They were the dark kind of military helicopters in formation which made me think they were doing a training mission or similar. I know I heard them come back by the coastline here, but again did not pay any attention to the time. None of this seemed out of the ordinary.