Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trash collection in HPP
A few years ago there were signs for a company/someone willing to collect trash for people. I haven't seen those signs in the last year or two.

With the new transfer station hours I'm finding it much harder to take my own trash to the station - I work odd hours! If someone is still doing this I'd love to get their business. Is anyone still doing this and do you have their contact number?

If there is such a company, do you know if they deal with recycling stuff as well? Same problem - I want to recycle but my work hours make it difficult.

Thanks,
Tom
Yeah, there is a company on paradise drive. big yellow trucks. We used to use them, but we didn't make enough trash to justify it anymore. They gave us a free recycling bin along with our regular rubbish bin. I can't remember the name but the business is on paradise drive near fire station I think. Big green bins and yellow rubbish truck you can't miss it. South side of road.

Daniel R Diamond
Daniel R Diamond
Twenty years or so ago I had the HTH paper route in Leilani Estates and Kalapana. It was back when the paper was an afternoon rag. I had a small truck and offered a daily trash service for an additional $10/mo. People could leave a bag or two whenever they wanted by their paper tube and I would toss it in the back when I stopped by with a paper. I had about ten costumers that opted for this service and never had too full a load because of there wasn't a specific day for trash.

I don't know if this concept (bags) would work with the HTH's morning routes, as the trash would have to be left out overnight.
We are on the Makuu end of 16th and several of our neighbors get weekly trash and recycling pickup from a commercial company with big blue trucks. I'll check for the name next time they come through (I think it is Big Island Disposal).

Carol
Carol

Every time you feel yourself getting pulled into other people's nonsense, repeat these words: Not my circus, not my monkeys.
Polish Proverb
I have weekly rubbish service in HPP, unlimited bags for $25/month. I work nights so don't usually get my rubbish out until after 10 a.m. and so far no problem. They also offer recycling but I've never used that. I've had the service for several years now and they've been a good, reliable company. Wednesday is my pickup day up on 30th.

East Side Rubbish and Recycling Services
(808) 640-2724

use it up, wear it out, make it do, do without
I don't know how I got over the hill without getting to the top.
The Big Island Disposal truck that goes through downtown Keaau on Thurs. is a big yellow truck, there is at least one other garbage company that picks up in our neighborhood... (as far as I know, none of our neighbors with pick up service has a recycle bins...)
Many thanks for all your responses, it looks as though I have a few options.

Tom
Resurrecting this old thread to retract my endorsement of this company which in the past few weeks has become unreliable, perhaps untruthful, and actually downright rude (at least in my case). So, as of the end of this month I am in the market for a new weekly trash hauler here in upper HPP - would appreciate any recommendations (or warnings). Mahalo.

quote:
Originally posted by Lin W

I have weekly rubbish service in HPP, unlimited bags for $25/month. I work nights so don't usually get my rubbish out until after 10 a.m. and so far no problem. They also offer recycling but I've never used that. I've had the service for several years now and they've been a good, reliable company. Wednesday is my pickup day up on 30th.

East Side Rubbish and Recycling Services
(808) 640-2724

use it up, wear it out, make it do, do without

blessed are the cracked for they let in the light
I don't know how I got over the hill without getting to the top.
I have a guy who is very reliable and reasonable, so far. Feel free to contact me, Lin W.