Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Car Insurance in Puna?
Aloha Friends,

I just purchased a vehicle in Puna and need to insure it. My insurance company does not insure in Hawaii, can anyone give me the name of an insurance agent/company that you are happy with.

Mahalo, Tony
Tony: If you are over 50, AARP/Hartford is top-quality and comparably priced. You must join AARP to be eligible, but it is inexpensive.
P.S. Your house is coming along nicely-- windows going in.
Neighbor on WaLea

-dwajs
-dwajs
I compared AARP/Hartford with GEICO, and GEICO was less expensive by about 15%. I did some research on customer satisfaction with claim processing in Hawaii, and GEICO was rated as "good." I should note, however, that I have had neither a ticket nor a claim on my auto insurance for over 10 years. Your history will no doubt affect your price quotes.
Dan Desota can find a policy that will fit your needs. We also got our construction insurance through him and now our lava zone 2 home owners insurance.
dan@mutualunderwriters.com
USAA is owned by it's membership, which is open to ex military officers, NCO's, and by law, some without military background. If you qualify, it's the best insurance company on the planet.
I've been with State Farm for over 20 years and they insure my home and cars.I've never been able to find anyone who could beat the rates I pay.My current agent is Nelson Fukuhara in Hilo.His number is 808-935-4455.
quote:
Originally posted by Greg

USAA is owned by it's membership, which is open to ex military officers, NCO's, and by law, some without military background. If you qualify, it's the best insurance company on the planet.

X2
My vote goes to Geico, hands down - GREAT rates, and they were really "on it" with the claim we had a year or so ago.
I can't find anyone cheaper than Geico for my motorcycle and Liberty Mutual for my car and I check every so often.
Interesting about Geico beating Hartford.

Over the years I've had different home insurers, and of course they all want to do a combo policy, but when I say Hartford, every one has shaken their heads and said they can't beat it.

I doubt I will switch because I know my husband won't switch, and we get a multi-car discount of about 10%.

I'll tell my sons to look into Geico. One has AIG, I know, not sure about the other. Maybe they'd like to switch.

ETA I have filed a claim with Hartford after I was rear-ended. Very good service, no hassles with getting medical treatment, whatever I asked for. State Farm was the one that repaired my car. They were OK with me, but they totally dicked my son around when one of their insured hit his work truck and totaled it.