Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Moving To Big Island
Aloha, Recently saw post about a vehicle carrier that allowed you to load vehicle. Does anyone know name of this carrier? Any experiences with them? Mahalo, Kathy
Welcome to Punaweb and the Big Island, Kathy. Where are you shipping from? We will be doing something similar and the name we keep hearing is Pasha, but Matson does it as well (from the mainland) if I'm not mistaken.
Mahalo rbakker. We are moving within next year from Oregon. Yes I've heard of those 2 shippers, however vehicles have to be empty. I thought I read here earlier about a shipper that let you load the vehicle.
Welcome to PW. I've never heard of any shippers that allowed a vehicle to be loaded. It has to do with liability of the contents. The cars are not locked when shipped. Where in Oregon are you coming from?

Royall

I remember reading that post. Try the search function. I believe that it was in the last 6 months.
Hmm. I poked around with the search and couldn't find anything. It'd be great if someone finds that could repost it here. Thanks!
well, if you are paying for a container, you can then load your own vehicle into it. it isnt easy though, although we brought 2 small cars this way and built racks over them both which held alot of possessions. years ago, then they have to be lifted with a crane.
We were looking into this too.Our reason was to save money.But the shipping companies charged extra for the car + hazardous materials fees ,no savings there.
try here:

http://punaweb.org/Forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=8383&whichpage=2&SearchTerms=shipping,car,from,mainland

"Liz
Da Kine

499 Posts
Posted - 04/14/2009 : 09:10:14
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Or ship your car through Honolulu Freight. They let you completely pack it full except for the driver's area, and they load it in their container. Our car came through just fine this way, and so did everything inside it. Great way to get your stuff here if you don't have a containerfull. Just another option...

aloha, Liz

"The best things in life aren't things.""

eta: quote from liz

"a great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices."

w. james

"a great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices."

w. james

I just contacted Honolulu Freight, they said they no longer ship vehicles and recommended Matson (car must be empty with Matson). Oh well! Mahalo, Donivan