Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scuba Sunday!
Well it's that time of the month again! I'll be there early as usual. I'm going to bring the pop-up, tables, and some chairs. I may not put everything up right away if the weather is iffy.

I'm asking those that come to think about throwing in a chair or two just in case of a big turn out. I'm going to bring something to snack on and hope everyone does the same. Don't have to go overboard but enough to share with others.

I think there is going to be two kayaks there and the dive shop folks will be there for a dive. You may want to call the shop to see if the surf is going to allow for a good dive or not.

If you're new to Scuba Sunday, just come on down to Richardson beach and look for the Pop-up tent with a scuba sign and enjoy a day of water, food, and fun people!

If I didn't cover something here, I hope Pam jumps in and fills in the blanks! You are coming aren't you Pam??

Remember, this is the east side and it rains but it is a warm rain!!

Royall

Hey Royal and everyone.....we plan on being there. Don't know about the weather but what the heck... we can bring an easy=up also an a few chairs. If nothing else, it's a good time to catch up with everyone for the month. Have no idea what to bring for snackies but we will figure it out.

Looking forward to a day with friends.... Pam

I want to be the kind of woman that, when my feet
hit the floor each morning, the devil says

"Oh Crap, She's up!"

"Oh Crap, She's up!"
We'll be there. Kathy gets to come for a change. Bringing coleman camp stove and BBQ pulled pork for sandwiches. Bringing car so won't have table this time/

dick wilson
"Nothing is idiot proof,because idiots are so ingenious!"
dick wilson
"Nothing is idiot proof,because idiots are so ingenious!"
Rain here was pretty excessive during the night. We have some animal management duties and may not make it down. Sorry if we miss it; hope to see you all real soon.

"Oh Crap, She's up!"

"Oh Crap, She's up!"
Great day at the beach! About 30 people were there to enjoy good food and company! Sun did show for awhile and made for a pleasant day. Yeah a little more sun would have been nice but hey.... It's almost Thanksgiving and are still running around in short, t's and slippas!! Hope to see more people next month!!

Royall

Hey all,

I know that we missed Dive Sunday this month but I wanted to ask
if anyone knows of a good place to rent snorkel gear. My daughter
and her husband arrive this Wed and they want to go snorkeling.

Your kokua would be greatly appreciated.

Mahalo

"From knowledge comes understanding"
"From knowledge comes understanding"
For a mask and snorkel I recommend just buying a mid priced set, they can always leave it with you for future visits. I rented gear for a snorkeling class I taught and we realized right away that it was cheaper to just buy. For fins I bought a pair of the short boogie boarding fins and I love them, they are much easier to deal with than the long ones, and much cheaper, all the rental places just had long ones last time I checked.

Hilo has 2 downtown scuba/snorkel rental places: The one by the farmers market and the newer one that is just down from the Kress building.

Carol
Carol

Every time you feel yourself getting pulled into other people's nonsense, repeat these words: Not my circus, not my monkeys.
Polish Proverb
Ed,
There are a few places to rent, but as Carol has noted, probably better to buy...
For mask, I always recommend only silicone or rubber skirt (the part on the face) most other materials chafe after a little bit of salt water...
That said, the best gear is the gear that fits.... that may sound like a Duh-hey.... but if the gear doesn't snorkeling is not as fun.

Stop by if you want to borrow... we have an assortment of gear (some from when I taught on the mainland, some collected as friends & family left their gear...) (oh, we have the smaller of the redwood crown molding in our hall.... Monkey has yet to extract the longer pieces from the attic ... but maybe... if you guys are coming... )